Appealing for SYNOPTIC Level 4 results?

Comments

• SueFW
    SueFW Registered Posts: 84
    I got 69% and appealed but they upheld the result I also complained it got me nowhere. I'm sorry to say I feel for you as I am so mad I'm resitting it next week for 1 mark. They also messed up my feedback from the appeal, they said I'd got a question incorrect when it was correct so I paid £30 for them to remark and then mess up the feedback that's really not good enough :'(
  • Kelly87
    Kelly87 Registered Posts: 6
    Got the results today, and the resit is next week, I have no idea on what more I could of done. Left feeling ok afterwards. So now quite worried as don't know how much more can give to next week?
    It seems the majority of people have failed this, it really needs looking into
  • Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
    I've barely scraped a pass, but a pass nonetheless. Distinction out the window but given the way the syllabus has gone I'll be happy to pass then maybe resit a few modules to try and boost it.
  • Kelly87
    Kelly87 Registered Posts: 6
    Was that a pass on a resit or the original? Well done!!
  • Irrorate
    Original, 3 in our class passed out of around 15, my result and a peer's was 71% unsure of the 3rd so literally on the brink!
  • Maddy
    Maddy Registered Posts: 8
    Yeah ive been averaging 95% and just got a score of 72%. Most people I've spoken to have failed.
  • Maddy
    > @Irrorate said:
    > I've barely scraped a pass, but a pass nonetheless. Distinction out the window but given the way the syllabus has gone I'll be happy to pass then maybe resit a few modules to try and boost it.

Same I was well on track for a distinction. That's gone out the window
  • Irrorate
    Given the disaster that has been this syllabus I'll be happy with a pass/merit. We never knew our percent before so I try not to worry too much about it, though it is nice to do well.
  • Maddy
    > @Irrorate said:
    > Given the disaster that has been this syllabus I'll be happy with a pass/merit. We never knew our percent before so I try not to worry too much about it, though it is nice to do well.

Amen.
  • MissHermansen
    MissHermansen Registered Posts: 103
    Has anyone of you had any response to your complaints or appeals for a remark? I feel there is an issue with the Synoptic Exam similar to D&C. So many people including myself failed it and the ones who passed only did so by a few %. I had 67% and I have put a complaint in and sent off an appeal for a remark. I've passed all my exams until this one BUT feel most of the exams have not fully mirrored our study material. Having achieved Distinctions in my mock exams in the live assessments I have not achieved higher than 79%. I have no idea where the goal post is anymore. I am slowly but surely losing motivation
  • Maddy
    > @MissHermansen said:
    > Has anyone of you had any response to your complaints or appeals for a remark? I feel there is an issue with the Synoptic Exam similar to D&C. So many people including myself failed it and the ones who passed only did so by a few %. I had 67% and I have put a complaint in and sent off an appeal for a remark. I've passed all my exams until this one BUT feel most of the exams have not fully mirrored our study material. Having achieved Distinctions in my mock exams in the live assessments I have not achieved higher than 79%. I have no idea where the goal post is anymore. I am slowly but surely losing motivation

I definitely think there is an issue with this exam. Most people I know Scored 61 - 66%, and I got 72. Until now I've averaged 95 in all the live assessments and I've only got pltx to go to qualify. Is there anything we can do?
  • lannieloo
    lannieloo Registered Posts: 95
    I sat the exam in march and failed by 2% which was very frustrating seen as with all my marks I was on target for a distinction! In my class of 15 only 4 of us felt strong enough to sit it and the results were 72, 72, 69 and 68! So if that is the strongest 4, what hope do the others have?
    There is definitely something wrong here!
    After my fail I spent ages writing my complaint and appeal and both came back with no change! Its very demotivating!
    Its just really weird how everyone who has failed has only done so by a small percentage, and even more annoying that they don't see how awfully the questions were worded that it didn't give me the opportunity to demonstrate my learning as I couldn't work out what the question wanted.
    When I asked for a review of my script, they said they would take 20 days but took 21, when I rang them and asked where it was they said they would be here the following day because there had been two bank holidays, I had to correct them and say no there has only been one in my 20 day period not two, they also got the date I submitted it incorrect and then used the wrong word about one of the questions in my feedback... but its ok for them to make mistakes!!
    Its ridiculous and energy sapping!!
  • katarinaxt
    katarinaxt Registered Posts: 2
    Hi There!

What can I say. Similar situation. My average exam results 90% and of course I failed Synoptic with 66%. AAT doesn't seem to think that something is wrong even if most people failed and pass rate for all other exams is 81%!!!!! Seriously?! What is the pass rate for Synoptic 20%??
    Looks like we are all stupid and the exam was absolutely fine hehe
  • 93jw11
    93jw11 Registered Posts: 20
    Can someone please let me know what I need to do to pay for a more detailed review of where I went wrong on my paper? - I've got the CEA1 form but it seems to be more about applying for a re mark which is not what I want as its pointless. Thnaks
  • student
    student Registered Posts: 44
    for me it was a bitter experience and was a very sad ending in my aat course.
    for the second time I failed the synoptic, this time with58%, less than previous one 67% ,while I thought I did well this time.
    all my other results are either distinction or merit (in terms of grading). I am so shocked. I can't go on anymore,since I can't do anything else.
  • unicorn1905
    unicorn1905 Registered Posts: 47
    You need to pay for remark then you get feedback/detailed review apparently. This is what I'm doing. I failed today also, 65% when I have been getting 85-95% in all others so real kick in the teeth
  • unicorn1905
    I sent an email of complaint as well today but I'm sure it was a total waste of time. So disheartening.
  • GeorgiaH
    GeorgiaH Registered Posts: 107
    AbbyCarr said:

One of the questions there were 3 products. All made a loss. And then to use calculations to recommend which or all to discontinue. That doesn't relate to any topic. All I could think about was learning about closing of a business department but the knowledge wasn't applicable. I'm not sure what I needed to calculate or discuss at all. Then non financial factors to consider. All I thought about was customers and potentially employees. Each section was 10 marks. I couldn't have written 1p marks for either :( I understand completely how people feel. I hate to put people off from doing the exam, because trying and failing will give you some experience of the exam and hopefully they'll review the exam. But I thought people would want an honest breakdown of the exam.

Hi @AbbyCarr sorry i know your comment was a while ago now but did you manage to find any revision on this question? I had this question 4 in my synoptic which i have to re-sit in September but cannot find any kind of revision to practice for this question? Thanks :)
  • AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    @GeorgiaH No I have no idea how I managed to pass the exam after that question! I literally just blagged everything I knew about costs, and the nature of them. I still wouldn't know how to answer it. Could you bring the question up with a tutor perhaps? They may be able to help you create a model answer
  • GeorgiaH
    @AbbyCarr Aww don't worry, happy for you passing btw. I literally filled the box with writing but i don't think a single sentence was relevant to the question :'( felt so unlucky after finding out some people got a completely different question! Yeah will have to try ask my tutor when i go back to college, thank you :)
  • AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    I feel it's potentially where I lost most of my marks, but I never bothered getting my breakdown for the exam so I can't see exactly where I lost them. It was such a difficult question and unlike any other topic! I thought it was supposed to be similar to the unit in Decision & Control about whether or not to close a business section down or product but I couldn't make that fit either.
  • marialucas
    marialucas Registered Posts: 49
    > @GeorgiaH said:
    > @AbbyCarr Aww don't worry, happy for you passing btw. I literally filled the box with writing but i don't think a single sentence was relevant to the question :'( felt so unlucky after finding out some people got a completely different question! Yeah will have to try ask my tutor when i go back to college, thank you :)
    I'd like to know what actually they expect us to answer in that task as I mentioned the contribution per unit, the fixed costs that shouldn't be involved in order to make decisions as they remain there even if the company discontinues the product or not and all of that and had significantly below. :(
  • GeorgiaH
    @AbbyCarr I know i failed my synoptic by 5% and I feel i would have passed if i had more of an idea how to approach that question. I struggled with decision and control more than the other subjects so leading up to the synoptic i made sure i tried to practice as many question 4's as possible and then I got a totally different question :s Just have to hope it doesn't come up again in my re-sit as I don't know how to prepare for it!
  • marialucas
    GeorgiaH said:

@AbbyCarr I know i failed my synoptic by 5% and I feel i would have passed if i had more of an idea how to approach that question. I struggled with decision and control more than the other subjects so leading up to the synoptic i made sure i tried to practice as many question 4's as possible and then I got a totally different question :s Just have to hope it doesn't come up again in my re-sit as I don't know how to prepare for it!

That's the thing, I also got 65% , got 1 exceeded , 2 met and 3 significantly below. I just don't understand what else I can do in the task of decision-making :(
  • GeorgiaH
    @marialucas Did you get the same question 4 Maria? It was a lot of marks as well for 2 writing questions.
  • marialucas
    GeorgiaH said:

@marialucas Did you get the same question 4 Maria? It was a lot of marks as well for 2 writing questions.

I had the 3 products whether to discontinue them or not (10 marks I think) and the non-financial factors (10 marks too). Talked about contribution per unit in order to see if it was contributing toward the fixed costs and it was 1 product that it wasn't therefore I explained that we should continue with the other 2. But I also explained why we shouldn't take into consideration the fixed costs for making the decision . There were also some costs showing as fixed but they actually were variable as they had to be included if the product was produced. Obviously I wrote more about all of this but it seems that this wasn't what they wanted .
  • unicorn1905
    Email received today:

I am writing in response to your email received on the 18th August 2017.

We are in the process of reviewing the concerns that you have raised and the points which you have mentioned. In order to respond to your concerns we are required to liaise with different teams within the organisation. As such, unfortunately we have not been able to offer you a response as early as we would have anticipated and for this we apologise.

We aim to provide you with a response or update within 10 working days. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to get in touch.
  • 93jw11
    93jw11 Registered Posts: 20
    I got exactly the same response this morning too. I think it's a waste of time!
  • Lindi
    Lindi Registered Posts: 166
    @unicorn1905 is that a response to an appeal? I had sent an email to AAT asking for procedures of review or remark and all I got was "I’m sorry to hear you were unsuccessful in your synoptic assessment.

You can request a feedback sheet from your training provider which will indicate how well you did in each section." I have requested feedback from college but now am considering appealing.... if they remark me lower than my gotten 66% won't matter as it's a fail anyway - I have nothing to lose right?
  • Lindi
    Lindi Registered Posts: 166
    Thank you, I feel a little better now. Just received my feedback from college, appalling, it's a wonder I got as much as 66%. I felt it went okay though, now I am truly deflated. Not sure if I should appeal but don't see what more I can lose here.
Privacy Policy