Apprenticeship interview

wanttobeaccountant
wanttobeaccountant Registered, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3
Hi,
I have just finished my A-Levels and I want to do an accounts AAT apprenticeship. I have an interview for a local accounts firm tomorrow for a AAT level 3 apprenticeship organised through a training provider. I was wondering what I should prepare for the interview and if they will be expecting me to know much about accounts as I never studied it before.
Thank you.

Comments

• Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You should prepare like any other interview, find some information about the practice if you can.
    They will want to know about you and your background to make sure that you would fit into their workplace.
    If you've been sent by a training provider then they should have done some prep with you.

Good luck anyway
  • wanttobeaccountant
    wanttobeaccountant Registered, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3
    @Neillaw This is my first ever interview and unfortunately their website is very basic as they waiting for a new one so there is very little info. Thank you very much.
  • AlisonSwanson
    AlisonSwanson Registered, Tutor Posts: 209
    Show you are taking an interest in both the firm and the qualification.

Ask what type of clients they have and where they are based, or what types of tasks will you be doing day to day.

Ask if you will you be studying Level 2 and Level 3 combined on the new apprenticeship standards, or part of Level 2 combined with Level 3? Ask if you will have to complete a portfolio as part of your apprenticeship and if they will help you with this.

Good luck!
Privacy Policy