19th September L3 Synoptic exam

Did any one sit there L3 Synoptic exam this week. I really don't have a clue how I did and this was my resit. I'm so worried. Having to wait 6 weeks don't help.

Comments

• madformusic
    madformusic Registered Posts: 30
    I have say it this week but not a resit
  • Multiplicator
    Multiplicator Registered Posts: 116
    well good luck - all of you - you will need it !

did Sep 7th and at the debrief in the pub - s/o said who thought they failed last time? - and we all held our hands up and then asked- how thinks they have failed today - and we all .......

two wanted to sign up for level 4 and were told that if they failed the level 3 retake they would be chucked off the L4 course and the college would pocket the years fee
    You can tell from the course material ( value of long term investment etc) what a rip-off all this is
    Mark Farrar CEO - has told me personally that it is meant to work like this...
  • Kryptek49
    Kryptek49 Registered Posts: 7
    I just got home from sitting mine - overall the exam wasn't too bad, almost ran out of time on Section 2 so I'm really glad we got the extra 15 minutes.

I had a lot of trouble trying to work out how to use the Excel Lookup function though, I couldn't get it to show anything for some of the months. Did you manage to solve this?
  • Kc1
    Kc1 Registered Posts: 11
    I was same but when I got home it clicked they did not give the data as a match and it never asked to convert it. I think that was a bit wrong. I never did my look up. I gave up
  • JoJoMis
    JoJoMis Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    I found the excel part very similar to the AAT practise exams on their website and had no problems with them. On the written part though.. oh boy did i need a bit more time. I have always finished my exams with more than an hour to spare so running into that problem was a first. Just hope I did enough.. Luckily I don't use a college and self study, so I'll be moving on to Level 4 right away, no on can stop me !
  • Kryptek49
    Kryptek49 Registered Posts: 7
    The excel bit was fine i think apart from not being able to solve the LOOKUP function.

I found I had alot of spare time on the first section, I was expecting a few more than 4 parts.

You've worried me now that I missed something! The very last question was about writing an email answering the 4 questions right?
  • JoJoMis
    JoJoMis Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Haha, no I think it was just me. I sometimes struggle with writing down what I'm wanting to say, that's why I love accounting. Less talk, more numbers.
  • Ellada
    Ellada Registered Posts: 43
    Im going to re-sit my exam tomorrow. A bit worried about writing questions and Excel part. Is that possible that AAT made it more clear and easier since July? They definitely should change something as as far as I know L3 synoptic passing rate is 30% only.
  • zay1986
    zay1986 Registered Posts: 32
    > @Ellada said:
    > Im going to re-sit my exam tomorrow. A bit worried about writing questions and Excel part. Is that possible that AAT made it more clear and easier since July? They definitely should change something as as far as I know L3 synoptic passing rate is 30% only.

Did you pass in your synoptic exam?
  • Ellada
    Ellada Registered Posts: 43
    zay1986 said:

> @Ellada said:

> Im going to re-sit my exam tomorrow. A bit worried about writing questions and Excel part. Is that possible that AAT made it more clear and easier since July? They definitely should change something as as far as I know L3 synoptic passing rate is 30% only.

Did you pass in your synoptic exam?

Hi, Yes I have passed it. AAT made an Excel part much easier and clearer.
  • zay1986
    zay1986 Registered Posts: 32
    > @Ellada said:
    > > @Ellada said:
    >
    > > Im going to re-sit my exam tomorrow. A bit worried about writing questions and Excel part. Is that possible that AAT made it more clear and easier since July? They definitely should change something as as far as I know L3 synoptic passing rate is 30% only.
    >
    >
    >
    > Did you pass in your synoptic exam?
    >
    > Hi, Yes I have passed it. AAT made an Excel part much easier and clearer.

Well done, Congratulations.
  • Pinaaa
    Pinaaa Registered Posts: 17
    Are the results from a synoptic 6 weeks from when you sat the exam? I saw something about it being 6 weeks from the last exam date in that period so now I am confused?
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    From the end of the synoptic window, so the last Friday of a sitting window. You can see the schedule for synoptic assessment windows and their results on our website here http://youra.at/dF8xra
  • Pinaaa
    How do I find out the last day of the synoptic window?
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    It's always the Friday.
  • kontisto
    kontisto Registered Posts: 15
    Noob question, but what exactly is synoptic? I can't find anything on Google about it.
  • Pinaaa
    @kontisto Do you currently study your AAT? It’s a bit worrying!! It’s a newish thing. It’s an end of level exam that includes all knowledge of the previous topics on that level, with a little extra on spreadsheets (level 3). That’s my description anyway. So in order to pass a level you must complete each unit test, and one overall level synoptic.
  • kontisto
    kontisto Registered Posts: 15
    Pinaaa said:

@kontisto Do you currently study your AAT? It’s a bit worrying!! It’s a newish thing. It’s an end of level exam that includes all knowledge of the previous topics on that level, with a little extra on spreadsheets (level 3). That’s my description anyway. So in order to pass a level you must complete each unit test, and one overall level synoptic.

That's not exactly constructive is it? I am indeed an AAT student and it's pretty insulting of you to imply that I am not!

I found a blog post about it which says that level 2 (what I'm doing) doesn't do it. I guess this means you didn't do level 2 then!
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    Within the AAT website a lot of information on AQ2016 is only available to existing members. Most of those doing L3 and L4 now (including myself) will not have done L2 under AQ2016 so you're right that a lot of people who participate on the forum will not know from experience, but then a lot of quite experienced people ask questions that could easily be answered on the AAT website or have already been answered on here in previous months.
Privacy Policy