Job Prospects

Hello, I am planning to train to become an accountant, I just wondered how easy/difficult it was to gain a job after completing the level 4?

Comments

• Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    For me, it was still difficult. Entry level positions are always super competitive. But without doing the AAT I certainly wouldn't have even been considered. This wasn't too long after the recession though and all job prospects were grim at the time.
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • ntelbe28
    ntelbe28 Registered Posts: 2
    Thank you for getting back to me. I know its tough out there, I'm trying to figure out if the cost and time of study will be worth it.
  • Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I wondered the exact same thing too.

If you want my honest opinion I'll give it straight. I found AAT to be worth it for 2 reasons only.

1. I intended to go on to ACCA and with no prior accountancy knowledge I found it a smoother transition as AAT starts at GCSE level and steps up in a digestible manner. You also get some free exemptions from ACCA exams which is nice.

2. I didn't use a college or training provider. Spending just on books and exams saved me a lot of money. Without that saving I wouldn't have found it to be worth it.

Of course, this is just one man's experience but I feel compelled to share it as it is what I wanted but never got.
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • ntelbe28
    ntelbe28 Registered Posts: 2
    That is brilliant advice, i'd have never of thought of that option, thank you!
Privacy Policy