Can you Re-sit this? Also complain for loosing time because of AAT's system..

Just wondering about 'Can you Re-sit this? Also complain for loosing time because of AAT's system.. '

Comments

• mckenna0503
    mckenna0503 Registered Posts: 2
    Yes it can be resit, the dates will vary depending on what college you go to.

My next resit is on September the 4th.

You can complain but the best thing to do is get the person who is watching over the exam to write a statement for you, they can then send this to AAT.
  • sam992009
    sam992009 Registered Posts: 40
    Thank you mckenna0503 :)
  • janeW
    janeW Registered Posts: 25
    I have today written a complaint to aat after resitting my synoptic. No prior spreadsheet knowledge coming into level 3 apart from basics in level 2. Still did not manage finish spreadsheet tasks today and I have revised and was a distinction student before this exam. Major glitch on final task, could not upload and exam finished before I worked out what problem was! Why can't we get on with exam and upload all tasks at the end of exam. I'm so frustrated
  • sam992009
    janeW said:

I have today written a complaint to aat after resitting my synoptic. No prior spreadsheet knowledge coming into level 3 apart from basics in level 2. Still did not manage finish spreadsheet tasks today and I have revised and was a distinction student before this exam. Major glitch on final task, could not upload and exam finished before I worked out what problem was! Why can't we get on with exam and upload all tasks at the end of exam. I'm so frustrated

I know the feeling, you cant expect to finish or sit an exam to your full capability when the AAT assessment system does not work! I shall be writing an mail too... What email did you send it to Jane??
    Thanks and Best Regards
    Samuel Barr
  • janeW
    I'm glad you share my thoughts Sam. I think there are a lot of disgruntled students out there. I wrote to customer service at aat.

I believe it should be 2 exams with the ability of uploading at the end of the spreadsheets exam. I feel the construction and time constraints of the exam are unrealistic. Also, I feel that we have an unrealistic sense of time when undertaking the exam as your concentration is heightened. I believe as a minimum, aat should incorporate a clock onto the interface.
  • sam992009
    I also think it should be two separate exams. I don't see how it makes sense to put them together and it also feels rushed like this. Maybe they should make a time for each spreadsheet task and add some minuets on as in a workplace environment you will be able to do it freely and a bigger time set. I hope they sort this out as lots of people our disgusted with AAT. Hopefully ill be able to to a re-sit quickly as both i need level 3 to progress onto level 4.
  • janeW
    Totally agree, I was quite methodical and thorough with my answers today as I did not want another fail, however because of this I failed to finish. You would not be put in this position in a work environment. In all previous exams I have finished with plenty of time to spare and usually one of the first to finish! Personally I think that speaks volumes that we are the guinea pigs of their experiment!
  • sam992009
    Totally Agreed, there experiment has costed them as surely the pass rate would of completely decreased and have also angered a lot of people. Also in my past exams i have achieved on average 85% and on this i don't feel i have even got 50% ...
  • janeW
    When do you resit Sam?
  • sam992009
    I'm waiting for my results and an email back from my test centre. Been told maybe September time ..
  • janeW
    Good luck Sam, make sure you post your result on here and I really hope it is a pass for you.

Don't forget to put your complaint in to AAT. The more people complain then they will have to listen.
  • sam992009
    Hopefully i do jane, as i think AAT have changed there rules where i can only take the exam twice ... and ive sent multiple ;)
  • janeW
    So if I have failed this resit I have failed the whole course?? Now I'm even more concerned! I can't see how I can pass when I failed to upload task 3 on the spreadsheets, that is 14 marks I have lost before they even begin to mark it. Can anyone else clarify this question please as if I have failed this resit it means I have failed the course and it has all been for nothing. With all the problems on the synoptic surely this must be addressed by aat? I feel the failure to upload task 3 within the time is down to the farcical structure of the exam.
  • sam992009
    Sorry jane, i think it is just certain students.. ill have a look
  • janeW
    I've written to my tutor Sam to check the situation. I wasn't ready to sit the exam in May but my tutor said the college was offering a free resit anyway so just treat it as a mock. I'll let you know his reply.
  • sam992009
  • janeW
    This is one time where I'm glad I'm over 19! So, hopefully it doesn't look like those restrictions apply to me. Just have to wait 6 weeks now for result, I will be very surprised if I have passed. Lets keep everything crossed!
  • sam992009
    Good Job i'm an apprentice! Its gunna be a long six weeks and same i will think its a miracle! Good Luck, let us know when you get them. Also when did you sit the exam ?
  • janeW
    I sat the exam 27 July. I'm not planning on doing any more revision now and may wait until October to resit if necessary as I really do need a break from it. Falling at the final hurdle!
  • sam992009
    how did you do ?
  • janeW
    Yes passed thanks Sam, 77% but didn't get my overall distinction I was hoping for but considering I cldnt upload any of spreadsheets task 3 not a bad result. How did u get on Sam?
  • janeW
    Yes 77% thanks Sam didn't get my overall distinction though only a merit, 2% off my distinction . But considering I cldnt upload any of spreadsheets task 3 not a bad result. How did you do Sam?
  • sam992009
    Oooo thats good!!! I get my results on Monday i think so fingers crossed ...
  • janeW
    Good luck Sam make sure you post on here. Keep everything crossed for you.
  • sam992009
    Not long to wait ... :/
  • Lucygsy
    Lucygsy Registered Posts: 34
    I had a few glitches and issues with my first sitting of my synoptic exam, Tutors should send a report to AAT so that AAT can take these errors into consideration when marking. My tutor didn't send off the report, so I contacted AAT directly and they issued a credit note towards my synoptic re-sit exam fee. Might be worth a go!
  • albert0102
    albert0102 Registered Posts: 1
    i am so glad coz AAT is so important for me But i my openion the AAT change our rules coz i can only take this exam
Privacy Policy