Synoptic results

Hi,
I know the AAT are very unpredictable but i am due my synoptic results today. Just wondering if they have a set time they release them or can it be any point today?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• james6988
    james6988 Registered Posts: 5
    Has anyone received Level 4 synoptic results yet?
  • n7ds13
    n7ds13 Registered Posts: 4
    Received mine just after 10, got 70% which is a bit disappointing as i was getting high 80s in the rest of the exams.
  • n7ds13
    Good luck to everyone else
  • absco14
    absco14 Registered Posts: 34
    Great thank you. Mine still arnt there but they're obviously releasing them if you have yours so ill keep an eye out! :)
  • n7ds13
    For all my other exams in L4 they were released after 12, with the latest one coming in around 3.
  • hazel123
    hazel123 Registered Posts: 11
    I haven't got mine yet, I sat the exam on the Thursday, maybe they release them in day order?
  • DanielEvansSouthall
    DanielEvansSouthall Registered Posts: 26
    I failed with 54%. I put in so much effort and averaged 80% with all other tests. So livid that AAT have completely let me down with this exam. I guess i'll start the complaints procedure now..
  • absco14
    Oh no what a disapointment for you Daniel. I still haven't received mine and sat it on the Tuesday so it mustnt be in day order.
    Fingers crossed youll pass next time.
    I have had a really tough year with a few fails so i am not expecting much!
  • james6988
    I passed. Just got results through now
  • absco14
    Well done to everyone whos passed so far!
    Keep going and try again to the people who haven't. Dont be disheartened, there's been times this year when ive wanted to give in but im still going.
    Hopefully my results will be on soon!
  • JoshD
    JoshD Registered Posts: 1
    Good luck to everyone,

Back when I was waiting for my result a few months back, it didn't come through until about 4:30pm, so don't be alarmed if they seem to come through later than for the other exams. I was refreshing every 5 minutes that day, its so frustrating, but they will come out as some point.
  • DanielEvansSouthall
    Yep, studied really hard. I think it is more the study material from Kaplan that has been the issue, one whole exam question was not covered in their study text at all.
  • hazel123
    And the resources provided by AAT online are useless
  • n7ds13
    I had to use ACCA materials to go over relevant costing, as it was not covered in any of the materials provided by AAT or providers, and is what Q4 is based on in the exam.

The online resources provided by AAT have little to no relevance for the exam.

The study kit for the synoptic unit by Kaplan essentially gives you a list to remember (although the revision kit is quite useful) and only briefly goes over the core modules in the appendix (around 1-2 pages each).

AAT fail to acknowledge the mistake that they have made in preparing the exam and providing resources which are adequate enough for students that give us a fair chance to pass.
  • hazel123
    I got 54% as well. Can anyone recommend good learning resources? I have the BPP books and have been using AAT past papers
  • CSan89
    CSan89 Registered Posts: 207
    Got my results at 1130. Passed with 79% (2nd attempt). It is possible to pass it, the problem is it is totally different to how all the other exams are in level 4. I realised this more when taking the External auditing exam last week.
    I believe i got NYC last time because i didn't reference the Case Study enough in my answers and if you look at the examiners report, you cant get the high marks without referencing them.

The best thing to do if you don't get competent this time is to give yourself a couple of days to get the anger and disappointment out of your system (for me its cycling) and then get a study plan together and get ready for the next exam.

Someone posted about some youtube videos on relevant costing (I will try and find the link) which explain it really well.
    AAT Level 2&3 - 2016
    AAT Level 4 - 2017
    Personal Tax, Business Tax and External Auditing

ACA/CTA -
    Certificate Level - Jan 2019
  • CSan89
    AAT Level 2&3 - 2016
    AAT Level 4 - 2017

ACA/CTA -
  • DanielEvansSouthall
    Thanks for all the great advice. Really bummed out so will have the weekend to relax before re-booking the exam. I've got external auditing in December so will crack on after then. I think the exam is just completely different to all the others so will have to reconsider what I revise.
  • CSan89
    If you haven't already, take a look at the examiners report. Its on the study support search page.
    AAT Level 2&3 - 2016
    AAT Level 4 - 2017

ACA/CTA -
  • DanielEvansSouthall
    Yeah, I did look at the examiners report in some detail. Will wait until it is refreshed for the September sitting to see if anything is added
  • DanielEvansSouthall
    Will also look at the new SAMS which have recently been made available on the AAT website
  • hazel123
    Thank you @CSan89
  • james6988
    Has anyone had their statement of achievement updated yet?
  • absco14
    Thankfully got 78% first time. I used Osborne synoptic workbook and tutorial and found it to help a lot! Maybe give that a go? It definitely can't hinder, it's just more practise
  • Loobyloo
    Loobyloo Registered Posts: 4
    I got 79% first time. I don't really make a fuss about passing a test before but this is different so I'm celebrating. I came home from the day I took the test knowing that I lost 13 marks right away as I did not know the answer to Task 4 for 7 marks, and Task 6 for 6 marks. However, I still wrote "guesses" which turned out to be completely wrong for Task 6. I wonder if I got marks for those guesses which I explained in great detail? As it is, my Task 4 turned out as "Exceeded" and Task 6 as "Met". I did not know Task 6 because it wasn't in Kaplan resources. My advice for those who will be sitting it again is to keep on practicing to answer "properly" covering all the bits they want to see. Cheers!
  • absco14
    Yes I agree. I feel we have essentially been the guinea pigs for the synoptic so it's definitely deserved to celebrate if you have passed. And if you've haven't there's always next time don't give up! :)
  • chrisw
    chrisw Registered Posts: 4
    Where do people get the detailed feedback on the assessments? I've passed the Synoptic with 76% but would really like to know where I lost marks as I really thought I had done better than that.I have asked our distance learning lecturer whether they receive the feedback, but he reckons that they don't.
  • kel
    kel Registered Posts: 4
    Chrisw ring AAT and ask for the feedback. They will send you an email with the feedback. But only if you do not have a training provider or if you no longer have contact with them.
    I need to re-sit mine. Do you have any advice? What material did you studied with? Thanks
  • chrisw
    Hi Kel, I studied with Avado distance learning but as I've moved on faster than the rest of my group (we started 17 Oct 2016) and they have not written the synoptic exam yet, I studied for it just using their Accounting Systems and Controls text and doing the practice assessments on the AAT website. For the other exams I used the BPP question and answer banks alongside the college texts. So far I've had no feedback from AAT whatsoever - and drawn a blank asking the tutor.
  • chrisw
    I think everyone's comments about the exam being very different from the online practice ones is valid. I've been working in accounting for many years and feel that a lot of my answers were based on experience rather than learning. This is not as it should be - many students are at the start of their career and may not have had any experience at all!
Privacy Policy