AAT Level 2 - Help

I have not long started my AAT level 2 and am currently studying for my bookkeeping transactions exam.

I am studying from home and my course provider has been really poor at giving me time lines etc. with regards to completing the qualification. Please could anyone give me a rough guide of how many hours per week they spent studying, and what I should expect in the exam.

Are all exams taken on a computer, and what percentage is a pass? I have taken the practice exams on the AAT website and have passed as 'competent' however I am not sure if there are different levels of passing?

Also, could anyone recommend some good study books? Sorry for the long post, I am starting to panic a little as have no idea how far along the course I should be!!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• CSan89
    CSan89 Registered Posts: 207
    Timelines depend on how quickly you want to do the qualification, I did around 10-15 hours per week for level 2 and did it all in 3 months. (This was at college so was structured that way).

All exams are on computer and are like the sample assessments on MyAAT. 70% is the pass percentage for all the exams.

I used Osborne Books for level 2 & 3 and used BPP for level 4. Both of them seemed good to me, however you will get many different opinions on which books are best.
    AAT Level 2&3 - 2016
    AAT Level 4 - 2017
    Personal Tax, Business Tax and External Auditing

ACA/CTA -
    Certificate Level - Jan 2019
  • crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi,

Although not specific for AAT, I could recommend 'Frank Wood Book-keeping & Accounts' (see below link) as a solid companion throghout your AAT studies.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Book-Keeping-Accounts-Frank-Wood/dp/0273773062/ref=dp_ob_title_bk
  • JoJoMis
    JoJoMis Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    You can take as long as you want with the course. It took me a bit less than 2 months to do all my exams but to be fair I am only working 25 hours a week- a luxury not everyone has.
    With the AAT mock exams I like to use the answer sheet to correct my work and then grade it myself to know exactly what percentage I got.
Privacy Policy