Pivot Chart Formatting. Please help.

Hello,

New user here, just studying for my AAT Level 3 synoptic next week, but one of the AAT practice question on spreadsheets has asked for me to do a pivot table and chart for some sales data, no issues there!..... but, in the data in the pivot chart they are asking me to do the following.....

•     Format the chart series to show highest sales for the period in black and lowest sales in red.

I have been trying and trying, and I have no idea how to do this on Excel 2013. Its doing my head in!

Any help would be amazing,

Thanks

Comments

• mergen
    mergen Registered Posts: 112 New contributor 🐸
    Without seeing/looking at your excel, I would say Conditional Formatting/New rule/Format all cells based on their values.
  • Rusty1985
    Rusty1985 Registered Posts: 57
    Hi Mergen,

Thank you but unfortunatley I cant conditional format whilst on the pivot chart. It is a mystery. It has something to do with the chart elements but I cant work it out.

• mergen
    You should be able to, i have just tried it at work with my Pivots by selecting necessary cells.

Can you attach your excel on here?
  • Rusty1985
    Yes, attached. Its in relation to the Diamond sink sales. :-)

Thank you :-)
  • mergen
    edited February 2018
    @Rusty1985 think I figured it out..... i think :#
    When you are creating 2D column e.g. Insert Column/2-D column/Stacked column, then create highest and lowest "Legend Entries" and highlight them black and red. So instead of just having "Total" on the right side of your chart, it will be "highest" and "lowest".

Or you could create a new tab and just have the diamond data in there and follow these steps below
    here is the ink http://excel-example.com/charts/conditional-formatting-in-column-bar-charts
  • Rusty1985
    Thank you :-)
Privacy Policy