Synoptic exam in February

Hi all,
Who did sinoptic exam ? And how did find it?
I sat the exam yesterday but I think it’s easier than last lime I hope

Comments

• frogsborne
    frogsborne Registered Posts: 9
    Got mine tomorrow morning. This will be the 3rd and hopefully last time I take it. I think I failed previously because I uploaded all three spreadsheet files to the one question.

Just got a couple of questions, is the exam still 3 hours long and are there 2 or 3 spreadsheet questions?

Cheers, Mark
  • JOT
    JOT Registered Posts: 11
    I have mine tomorrow too - First attempt. I'm so worried something is going to come up that I haven't looked over! The AAT Website only has one mock exam.
  • JOT
    There are 2 spreadsheet sections to upload I believe
  • Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    JOT said:

I have mine tomorrow too - First attempt. I'm so worried something is going to come up that I haven't looked over! The AAT Website only has one mock exam.

I believe there are 2 mock exams for Synoptic Assessment?

P.S. I know that Indirect Tax will be taken out of synoptic assessment from 01/01/2018 - does this mean no more VAT questions? As per mock exams I am still getting VAT questions?

Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • zay1986
    zay1986 Registered Posts: 32
    Section 1 ( 1:15) minutesfor 3 tasks and section 2 (1:45) min for 2 tasks . The assessment similar the AAT web however , task 2 from part 1 not about threats ,It’s about sustainability . Don't worry and make sure you upload the tasks.
    Good luck Frogsborne and JOT and I hope you find it easy and we pass this time ❤️
  • zay1986
    Sorry I mean task 3 from (part 1)
  • JOT

I can only print off the AAT Mock - The secure access tests they have 2 of don't give me an option to start them? So I have only printed off the which has the mark scheme on?? Do the secure access tests work for anyone else??
  • zay1986
    Yes Norvydas, no more Indirect tax however one question about VAT ledger similar in the assessment in AAT website
  • JOT
    Norvydas said:

JOT said:

I believe there are 2 mock exams for Synoptic Assessment?

P.S. I know that Indirect Tax will be taken out of synoptic assessment from 01/01/2018 - does this mean no more VAT questions? As per mock exams I am still getting VAT questions?

Where are these? I cant start the CBT on the AAT - please don't say they work i I will panic
  • zay1986
    JOT... AAT update there assessments and you can find them in synoptic subject. Make sure your membership not expire and try to make more practice with new assessment design.
  • Norvydas
    > @JOT said:
    > I have mine tomorrow too - First attempt. I'm so worried something is going to come up that I haven't looked over! The AAT Website only has one mock exam.
    >
    > I believe there are 2 mock exams for Synoptic Assessment?
    >
    > P.S. I know that Indirect Tax will be taken out of synoptic assessment from 01/01/2018 - does this mean no more VAT questions? As per mock exams I am still getting VAT questions?
    >
    >
    >
    > Where are these? I cant start the CBT on the AAT - please don't say they work i I will panic

I don't want to make you panic but I have access to both mock CBT exams, and their marking schemes.

I wish everyone good luck with their exams and remember do not rush!
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • zay1986
    Good luck guys , I wish you the assessment very easy.
  • Rusty1985
    Rusty1985 Registered Posts: 57
    I had mine yesterday, you cant look at everything in detail, the main points are in ethics and spreadsheets. Task 1.1,1.2 & 1.2 total 45 points, and a The spreadsheets are worth 55 in total. I cant stress enough, read the spreadsheet task very carefully, attention to detail is key.

Good Luck

• JOT
    Just sat mine. Had a few technical issues but not major. What threw me was the copying from notepad to excel as needed text in different columns. Also prepayments. Is it a 6 week wait or within that time? As I have had human marked results back in 10 days.
  • Multiplicator
    Multiplicator Registered Posts: 116
    Many thanks for the input
    good luck for the Friday takers
    I am clearly going to have to concentrate on spreadsheets - thanks
  • frogsborne
    frogsborne Registered Posts: 9
    Just back from exam. Thought the exam was alot easier than the previous versions. Cocked up a couple of times with spreadsheets 'cause I'd read the question wrong. Had to delete workbook and start again.
    I'm. Worried that I haven't uploaded my spreadsheets because the invigilator said I should've selected submit to upload spreadsheets? Don't remember this option being available?
  • Rusty1985
    JOT said:

Just sat mine. Had a few technical issues but not major. What threw me was the copying from notepad to excel as needed text in different columns. Also prepayments. Is it a 6 week wait or within that time? As I have had human marked results back in 10 days.

23rd March the results are released. Long wait :-(.
  • Rusty1985
    JOT said:

I had same issues so manually typed them and formatted, it wouldnt let me past special link. I do think there are a few technical errors to be sorted.
  • Rusty1985
    edited February 2018
    Comment removed

[A Contribution must not disclose any material from live assessments, AAT-produced or otherwise]
  • JOT
    Oh so you have to wait till 23rd march. Wow. So that means will miss resit in April
  • Norvydas
    Rusty1985 said:

JOT said:

I had same issues so manually typed them and formatted, it wouldnt let me past special link. I do think there are a few technical errors to be sorted.
    Regarding importing text to excel you do not need to paste anything, you can simply import data from text file via excel, you need to separate comma when you import it so it is divided into different columns. I don't think AAT is very keen on people using "Paste Link" option, as per multiple mocks I've done everywhere had been suggested do not use "Paste Link".

I have my exam tomorrow as well, 1st attempt, need to do a bit more revision on sustainability subject I guess but that's about it:)

Looking at the past comments I can see many people struggle with uploading files in Section 2, it might be worth asking my assessor just to look over my shoulder while I upload them so in case anything goes wrong I have someone to vouch for me.

I'm quite excited but a little bit scared as well!
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • Norvydas
    edited February 2018
    JOT said:

Oh so you have to wait till 23rd march. Wow. So that means will miss resit in April

No we won't miss a resit in April, as we will get our results on 23rd march (The day I go on holiday!!!) W/C 23/04/2018 is the week that Advance Diploma windows starts again, so you will have exactly 1 month to study for your exam if you fail, however you need to believe in yourself!!

https://www.aat.org.uk/prod/s3fs-public/assets/Synoptic-calendar-results-2017-2018.pdf
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • Multiplicator
    look dont worry
    it is like going out of the house and thinking - erk did I leave the door wide open ? usually you havent

I found uploading confusing because you dont get a receipt
    like "upload received" or something. It just goes on 'functioning' with no outward change.

The difficulty is that if you unexpectedly fail then you only have four weeks to get your stuff together - but hey good luck everyone
  • marven19
    marven19 Registered Posts: 12
    Took the exam yesterday, it felt much easier than everything I had read online but guess that's partly because AAT changed the format slightly. Extremely similar to the mock exams on the AAT site so there were no nasty surprises.

My only real concern was the upload of the spreadsheets. I think it worked as expected but you never really know! Roll on March 23rd
  • Norvydas
    Just came back from the exam, everything was ok, time wise, I finished in around 1.5hrs whole exam so there is plenty of time. One thing that bothered me was wording of questions in Section 2 Part 2, gosh some questions were worded so different that it took me ages to realise what I was being asked to do.
    Excel wise was very easy tbh, very basic functions and if you worked with excel before then you will find it quite easy tbh.
    I am quite happy with the exam! Bring on 23rd March!
    P.S. Good luck everyone!
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • Multiplicator
    I am very glad to hear that - I was not able to retake today as I was at the Christie - but by and large I didnt miss much. If you say the ever caring and sharing AAT has reponded as always to customer demand, then I am happy to echo it knowing as I do that they have our best interests as their paradigm. Studying with AAT has been for me - so very very much fun !

and good luck retakers !
  • zay1986
    Don’t worry guys and try relax until 23/3 . We will be fine the good point we finished all tasks and it’s easier than before. It's my second time and I wish I receive my result soon and pass.
    Thank you
  • zay1986
    > @Multiplicator said:
    > I am very glad to hear that - I was not able to retake today as I was at the Christie - but by and large I didnt miss much. If you say the ever caring and sharing AAT has reponded as always to customer demand, then I am happy to echo it knowing as I do that they have our best interests as their paradigm. Studying with AAT has been for me - so very very much fun !
    >
    > and good luck retakers !

Thank you and try to start revision and retake it 23/4
Privacy Policy