Take a break during exam

I did not know that you can ask invigilator to pause you exam while you take a break so lost some precious exam time. So just sharing in case there sre other people who did not know that. Good luck

Comments

• thefuture
    thefuture Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    So for example, I am taking my level 4 budgeting exam. I complete the first 3 questions and arrive at the first written question. I read the information and details of the question, ask the invigilator for "some break time", spend 5-10 minutes organising in my head all of the points that I need to cover in my answer. At that point I finish my "break" and write my answer, having the 5-10 minutes "break" making the task much easier. I am not saying I would do this, I would not want to do this, it just does not make any sense that a break in an exam would be allowed unless in an extreme circumstance?
  • CSan89
    CSan89 Registered Posts: 207
    It’s usually only allowed for toilet breaks. Invigilators do have a set of rules and tend to know when people are taking the P***

Also the screen comes up with locked by invigilator so you can’t read it while it is paused.
    AAT Level 2&3 - 2016
    AAT Level 4 - 2017
    Personal Tax, Business Tax and External Auditing

ACA/CTA -
    Certificate Level - Jan 2019
  • Cheesypeesy
    Cheesypeesy Registered Posts: 101
    I was offered a 15-minute break before I took the Synoptic Assessment yesterday because it was a 3-hour exam. They said I'd be supervised if I took it.
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
    Currently on CIMA Management Level. Passed P2, F2 and E2. Preparing for November 19 MCS.
Privacy Policy