Time needed for each unit

I know this is going to be very dependant on how much free time you have to study, but having completed level 3 would a month per unit be realistic for Level 4 or is there too much to learn? I self study without a training provider after work maybe 3 nights a week and spend a couple of hours over the weekend.

Comments

• dsg1978
    dsg1978 Registered Posts: 19
    I am currently doing level 4 self studying after work. 3 exams completed and awaiting my result on the 4th. Level 4 is a big step up compared to level 3 with alot more information to retain. Personally a month is too short to learn a module. IMO a good 2 or 3 months learning before your first exam to build your knowledge than maybe one every 6 to 10 weeks depending on your confidence it a fair timescale. This will cut down retakes as waiting for results is very frustrating.
  • simon430
    simon430 Registered Posts: 7
    I think a month would be a bit short to learn the material well enough and then still give yourself time to revise and prepare for the exam. I've roughly averaged 6 - 8 weeks for each of my level 4 exams.
  • marven19
    marven19 Registered Posts: 12
    Thanks for the tips. I wondered if it would be a bit of a stretch given the increase in difficulty. Better to spend a little longer learning and revising than having to pay for resits!

Gonna book my first exam for mid to late April :sunglasses:
  • dsg1978
    dsg1978 Registered Posts: 19
    Level 4 modules interlink alot more than level 3. When I mean I spent a few months before my first exam it was too in grain some of the areas that show up in most modules. Prime example is ratio calculations and understanding what they mean. Take a little time at the start having a look through everything to see areas that show up frequently and focus on learning these.
  • Cheesypeesy
    Cheesypeesy Registered Posts: 101
    Fully agree with dsg. I'd recommend really nailing each unit, as the Synoptic will test you on pretty much anything from the three mandatory units. It should save you more time, in the long run, as you'll have a solid foundation.
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
    Currently on CIMA Management Level. Passed P2, F2 and E2. Preparing for November 19 MCS.
  • marven19
    marven19 Registered Posts: 12
    Yeah much better to allow more time than required I suppose as it could save a lot of costly and time consuming resits.
Privacy Policy