Struggling with level 4

2»

Comments

• mergen
    mergen Registered Posts: 112 New contributor 🐸
    Wow @Lauren_Quick. Congratulations!
  • Lauren_Quick
    Lauren_Quick Registered Posts: 11
    Thank you @mergen. I'm so shocked after reading other people's posts on remarks. I must have literally been a mark away!
  • Becxo
    Becxo Registered Posts: 30
    @Lauren_Quick Well done lovely! xxx
  • Adam144
    Adam144 Registered Posts: 28
    Congratulations !!! I would never think AAT would upmark the exam !!!
  • September
    September Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
    Wow, I really feel for all of you.

I am currently halfway through Level 3, due to complete August/September and have just started to enquire about Level 4. Considering some of posts that I have read on this thread would anyone advise if it is worth me taking a break of a year before starting my Level 4 as I am due to complete a different L4 course linked to management for my role and am worried that I could be taking on too much if I try to do two Level 4 courses at the same time.
    Any advice/feedback would be great.
  • Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Dear September,

Yes Level 4 is a step-up from Level 3 but I personally imagined to be worse.. I am enjoying Level 4 units more than what I've done in Level 2/3, purely because Management Accounting is my favourite topics and main 2 units in Level 4 are about management accounting.

Regarding whether it will be too difficult for you, the only person that can answer such question is yourself. Do you think you will be able to manage it? If so then go for it! If you start to doubt yourself and think that you might not be able to complete both of Level 4's then take a brake, do one at the time, as I said it depends by the person and it depends by how much of spare time we have. For someone who have no children and works 9-5 they have a lot of time to study, where if you have family then revision might be more difficult. Me personally, I work 9-5 Mon-Fri, I go through 1 chapter a day, it takes me around 3-4 weeks to prepare fully for the exam.
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • Iulia
    Iulia Registered Posts: 9
    Hi,
    Can anyone help me with some extra material for the Synoptic Level 4 please?
    Thanks
  • Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉

I got my results back from my synoptic remark today, and they have upped my 69% to 70%!! Very shocked, as it didn't seem like many remark appeals are successful, but i'm very pleased! What a relief!

Well done thats amazing!! Are you finished now? Or do you still have some exams left? :)
  • John_Clyne
    John_Clyne Registered Posts: 26
    @Becxo Can I ask where you sat your exams?
  • Becxo

Hey @john_clyne I sat all level 4 exams at Warwickshire College in Leamington, it's in the west midlands near to Coventry - not sure how far that is for you?
  • John_Clyne
    Becxo said:

Hey @john_clyne I sat all level 4 exams at Warwickshire College in Leamington, it's in the west midlands near to Coventry - not sure how far that is for you?
    Thank you... I moved to Coventry in May so its not too far. I am currently paying £88 for each exam with Kaplan in Birmingham, although I think your college may have raised its prices in line with them :/
  • Becxo
    @John_Clyne No way!! Have you tried City or Henley college? I studied level 2 & 3 there. I also live in Coventry, and yeah Kaplan meant driving to Birmingham which put me off, could always look at Cov Uni? Just looked on Warwickshire college, £75 L4 Exam and £80 Synoptic :( .. would your employer pay for them?

• John_Clyne
    @Becxo I will try those :) I know what you mean, Kaplan was 10 or 15 minutes away for me but its a pain from Coventry and too much of a rush before an exam. My employer does provide some funding but with the increase in exam fees, it only covers two sittings. Although once I finish AAT my employer is likely to fund the whole cost of CIMA.
  • Becxo
    @John_Clyne Yeah and after a days work it's not what you need is it, then having to go in early the next day to make time up.. What do you have left of L4?
    Mine will also support me for CIMA, was looking at Timely training solutions in Warwick, I work in Ryton so it wouldn't be that far. I just don't know when to start it! There's never a good time :#
  • John_Clyne
    @Becxo It is definitely not!!! I have everything but MABU left :( I should have complete AAT two or three time by now, I have had more time off than I have spent actually studying. I was tempted to leave AAT and do CIMA but it seems a shame to not complete it. I will be allowed a day off a week for college and study days once I am able to start CIMA.
  • Becxo
    @john_clyne Honestly wouldn't worry about it, I started in 2016 and only finished first week of Jan 2020. Takes as long as it takes doesn't it..just don't give up.. I found Credit & Auditing easiest for options if that helps, plus if you do AAT L4 you'll get an exemption from CIMA. You're lucky you get study leave I get nothing! My employer funded it but didn't really support me in any other way.. I was looking to move jobs now that I''ve passed but recent events made me decide (agree) to stay B)
  • John_Clyne
    I may have started as long ago as 2013 ( I don't even want to check!!) But I have had around 4 years without any studying, as I was working 7 days a week at a very known car manufacturer. I will make a note of those two :) Did your employer fund your AAT course? Haha it sounds like it worked out for the best..
  • Becxo
    @John_Clyne given your location I can probably guess which one.. my entire family work there! Yeah they have funded it all and I just had to sign a training agreement to say If I leave within a year after qualifying each level I have to pay it back, so the break I took means I only owe 1 year from Jan. I will do the same for CIMA, I'm happy to sign it because I want to keep my job, there's going to be some HS2 opportunities coming up too I might be interested in.. I work in the construction industry, very glam!
  • DNBK
    DNBK Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    I failed my Personal Tax exam for the first time before Christmas and just got my re-sit result which I failed again this means that I will have to re-take it for the 3rd time. This is my first unit of Level 4. I feel very disappointed and frustrated. I revised using Karplan (resources used in class) and Osborne at home. I completed activities in the books and AAT green light and passed. But when come to doing actual exams, it just doesn't go the way I want it to.

I was supposed to sit my first business tax exam last week but was cancelled due to Covid-19 situation. Don’t know what I could do differently to improve and pass my Personal Tax and hopefully when I get to take my first my business tax exam, that too.

I already feel like giving up and failing my first unit twice has dampened my motivation.
  • Gingerninja
    Gingerninja Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Go and have a look at the London School of Business and Finance (LSBF) channel YouTube.

They have some excellent videos to help with the Level 4 AAT units.

They helped me a lot.
Privacy Policy