Are there any mip on here that haven't had a practice background?

I am a new mip who has never worked in practice, are there any others the same as me who can tell me how you gained experience in tax or payroll?

Comments

• PeterC
    PeterC Registered, Tutor Posts: 245 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    One way of dealing with this problem is by using a mentor.
  • Jenbo
    Jenbo Registered Posts: 52
    But the problem is finding one. How would they mentor me, help me do the work? I cannot do the work so I'm stuck
  • PeterC
    PeterC Registered, Tutor Posts: 245 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Perhaps the AAT can help, mentoring is one of their suggestions. Or try here: meadowgatetraining.co.uk/new-aat-practitioners/
  • Jenbo
    @AAT_Team is there anything I can do?
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    @Jenbo

Do you have any contacts from previous jobs that could mentor you? Do you have an agreement for continuity of practice and could they help you? Maybe someone on here could come forward and offer help?
  • Jenbo
    No unfortunately I don't, plus none of my jobs have been in practice so colleagues wouldn't have done the work either. I don't have continuity of practice as not needed until 7 clients. I am stuck in a Cath 22 situation.
  • Jenbo
    Catch
  • arjun
    arjun Registered Posts: 12
    Drop me an email. I may be able to help you. tax.help2018@outlook.com
  • Jenbo
    @arjun how?
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Jenbo said:

@AAT_Team is there anything I can do?

Hi @Jenbo, we don't have any official mentoring programmes in place but Arjun's offer sounds promising, you can also try visiting our branch events where you can connect with other local Professional Members and get additional peer support.

https://www.aat.org.uk/branches
  • Jenbo
    @AAT_Team I am a branch committee member but there isn't much help there either. I feel like I'm completely stuck
  • CSan89
    CSan89 Registered Posts: 207
    Jenbo said:

@AAT_Team I am a branch committee member but there isn't much help there either. I feel like I'm completely stuck

Which branch?
    AAT Level 2&3 - 2016
    AAT Level 4 - 2017
    Personal Tax, Business Tax and External Auditing

ACA/CTA -
    Certificate Level - Jan 2019
  • Jenbo
    Plymouth. As we are so far down we really struggle to get any speakers to come down this far for any events.
  • Bmer82
    Bmer82 Registered Posts: 69
    @Jenbo I am Chair of CIMA D&C Branch and am currently reviving the branch after a long period of inactivity and am working alongside Anne to put on Joint Events. At these joint events we have had a number of both AAT and CIMA MIP's in attendance. Also as a start it is a good idea to look for local companies who are keen to speak at events.
Privacy Policy