Does L3 Advanced accounting get a lot harder then foundation level?

I know this is a silly question as I guess that Level 3 gets a lot harder then level 2, but would you say its a lot more extreme as I have been talking to a few people and they have been making out its really intense. From my level 2 results I have been getting 80/90 percent but they have told me that I will need to increase my revision etc my 50%!! what did you all think when you had moved from level 2 foundation onto level 3 Advanced accounting. Thank you...

Comments

• Cheesypeesy
    Cheesypeesy Registered Posts: 101
    edited August 2018
    I didn't find level 3 significantly harder than 2, since both still had computer marked assessments. There's more advanced concepts, but if you found level 2 easy then level 3 should be fine.

Level 4 is where it definitely gets harder, since the written components require you to have a strong understanding of the syllabus.
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
    Currently on CIMA Management Level. Passed P2, F2 and E2. Preparing for November 19 MCS.
  • September
    September Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
    @Hollycowley_28 , I found it to be a definite step up. I had to make sure that I put in the time to do the practice and advice from another poster was to read the examiners reports as this indicates the common weaknesses. This definitely helped me when I was revising. I found Costing to be the most content heavy and is has lost of formulas but I found that the more I practiced the more I remembered the formulas. There is a lot more to remember so constant practice is definitely advisable, based on my experience so far. I still have my SYN to do. Level 2 is eg GCSE Level and Level 3 is eg A Level so there is a difference. Have a look at the e-learning bits and you will get an idea of some of the content of the course. Go For It. Hope this helps
  • Hollycowley_28
    Hollycowley_28 Registered Posts: 31
    September said:

@Hollycowley_28 , I found it to be a definite step up. I had to make sure that I put in the time to do the practice and advice from another poster was to read the examiners reports as this indicates the common weaknesses. This definitely helped me when I was revising. I found Costing to be the most content heavy and is has lost of formulas but I found that the more I practiced the more I remembered the formulas. There is a lot more to remember so constant practice is definitely advisable, based on my experience so far. I still have my SYN to do. Level 2 is eg GCSE Level and Level 3 is eg A Level so there is a difference. Have a look at the e-learning bits and you will get an idea of some of the content of the course. Go For It. Hope this helps

Thank you very much!
  • Hollycowley_28
    Hollycowley_28 Registered Posts: 31

I didn't find level 3 significantly harder than 2, since both still had computer marked assessments. There's more advanced concepts, but if you found level 2 easy then level 3 should be fine.

Level 4 is where it definitely gets harder, since the written components require you to have a strong understanding of the syllabus.

Ok great thank you!
Privacy Policy