When looking for a job do you think they focus on whether you have a pass, merit or distinction?

I got my result yesterday for my synoptic assessment- foundation and i 80% which is a merit. My tutor thinks AAT had added it up wrong and thinks i should maybe get it reassessed for £50 but says it may be unlikely they pick up all the other scores? I dont know if to pay the money and get it reassessed or just stick with my merit.. do you think they really look into if you got a pass, merit or distinction or if they would just be happy with you achieving level 2? Any ideas and advise would be great!

Thank you!

Comments

• Cheesypeesy
    Cheesypeesy Registered Posts: 101
    I highly doubt they will, especially at level 2. If you're moving on to level 3 your result in level 2 will be even less relevant. Employers would put more emphasis on your experience and suitability to the role than to how well you pass exams. I can't imagine it being used as a tie-breaker.
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
    Currently on CIMA Management Level. Passed P2, F2 and E2. Preparing for November 19 MCS.
  • Hollycowley_28
    Hollycowley_28 Registered Posts: 31

I highly doubt they will, especially at level 2. If you're moving on to level 3 your result in level 2 will be even less relevant. Employers would put more emphasis on your experience and suitability to the role than to how well you pass exams. I can't imagine it being used as a tie-breaker.

Thank you!
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I second the above reply from Cheesypeesy, I think if an employer can see that you have committed yourself to this qualification then they will see that you are serious about your career path and success!

They will be more interested in the fact that you can carry out the day to day requirements of the role.
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
Privacy Policy