Exam - Software

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what software is used in the exam?

I don’t work in an accounting environment yet so am unable to practice. Is there anyone that could recommend me something to practise on.

Thanks

Comments

• amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Tom,

My exam was based on Sage 50 Accounts (Desktop version), however this was back in 2013.

I believe it is still Sage but they have moved onto Sage One (Which is the cloud version of Sage).

Are you studying with a training provider, college or self-studying? - If with a training provider they should be able to provide you with a copy, alternatively if you're self-studying you can do a 30 day free trial direct from the Sage website.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your Sage exam :)
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • SheffieldTom
    SheffieldTom Registered Posts: 25
    amurray said:

Hi Tom,

My exam was based on Sage 50 Accounts (Desktop version), however this was back in 2013.

I believe it is still Sage but they have moved onto Sage One (Which is the cloud version of Sage).

Are you studying with a training provider, college or self-studying? - If with a training provider they should be able to provide you with a copy, alternatively if you're self-studying you can do a 30 day free trial direct from the Sage website.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your Sage exam :)

Thanks for your reply! I was about to purchase a full version of Sage 50 as well.

I'm currently self studying so access to any sort of software is pretty much impossible for me. Could you send me a link to the free trial as there is a number of different version?

Thanks!
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Tom,

The full copy is quite expensive! - I wouldn't recommend buying unless ofcourse you want unlimited access and to use it in the future.

What books are you using to study, do they advise which version of Sage One to use? (If it doesn't, I'd go with the trial of the full copy called "Accounting"), found here; https://uk.sageone.com/accounts/#pricing in which you will get a 30 day free trial of the software.

Also check out the study section of the AAT website, they may have some resources for you to look at, and ofcourse YouTube!
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
Privacy Policy