Advice regarding L2 study.

Hi, I've been looking at study options with the ultimate aim of completing level 4 accounting with a view to a second career after early retirement, aged 50.

I've decided to self study level 2 and just do the bookkeeping qualification as it seems that it would provide the fundamentals. I plan to buy and study the elements of costing text to make sure L3 isn't too much of a jump.

I am also planning to do some kind of software training, possibly Xero as provided by them.

After level 2 I am thinking of then doing level 3 accounting, possibly with a provider.

Any feedback on my plan would be appreciated, as I want to avoid any pitfalls and unnecessary expense.

Cheers,

Mark

Comments

• Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Mark,

I would advise to look into Bookkeeping first, learn your debits/credits assets/liabilities/capital, if you know them, don't waste time and move on to Level 3. Level 2 is very basic. Level 3 is little bit more trickier, but again if you know the basics then you won't have any issues. Personally, I found Level 2&3 boring, Level 4 is where all of the fun began, going more in depth into everything, budgeting, preparing reports, looking into taxes and etc.

I would advise to study Level 3&4 with online training provider, as it will be a lot cheaper. I personally study with Premier Training, can't fault them at all, they do online webinars, tutor support is very good, your questions are answered within few hours via e-mail or you can phone them!

Good luck with your studies.
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • stato1970
    stato1970 Registered Posts: 3
    Thank you very much for that, greatly appreciated.
  • Duchess1
    Duchess1 Registered Posts: 85
    I've just done level 2 through a local college and level 3 as self study. I would recommend doing both as a self study if you are quite disciplined. I would recommend reading through the level 2 material, which shouldn't take too long. You do need it as a basis for level 3. It shouldn't take too long. I think level 3 is quite easy, as long as you have a good foundation.
Privacy Policy