AAT Level 4 Synoptic – from 1st of October 2018 (Rawhide plc)

Hi everyone,

Have any of you sat an exam with new pre-release material (Rawhide plc) , any tips and differences comparing with the previous exam.
I’m sitting an exam on we 26/11/18 and wondering if there are lots of changes been made.

Many Thanks

Comments

• AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Please be careful not to disclose any material from live assessments, AAT-produced or otherwise.
    AAT Online Community terms & conditions
  • Biscuit656
    Biscuit656 Registered Posts: 4
    I sat the exam back in June and then again in October, unfortunately I failed both times but I didn't really feel much of a difference between the two exams other than the case study was for a different company.

I also didn't realise that the pre-release had changed before my re-test so I spent about 20-25 minutes going through the pre-release which is time I would have liked to have used going over my answers as I failed and got 64% :disappointed:
  • Rela
    Rela Registered Posts: 5
    Well..where do I start?
    Exam is very difficult.There is not even one similar exam that you can compare to any of the online assessments,kaplan mock,kaplan sample assessments or osbourne sample assessments. Very disappointed because AAT released examiner report for students to focus on areas where students making mistakes and in real exam they don't even use similar tasks..
    The only task I believe won't change much is ratios task 5. Other than that nothing is related to online assessments.
  • Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    @Rela

The exam must be difficult, otherwise everyone would be walking with Professional Diplomas in Accounting… To be honest, we should be happy that AAT is providing examiners reports & sample assessments & green light tests. I came from Lithuania originally, we all prepared for exams in 1 way – through textbook. There were no examiners reports no mock exams, you had to gather information through friends who sat the exam or asks teachers questions... I am surprised that at such high level of the qualification so much information is being provided.

When I revised for this exam (I only passed it in November 18) I didn’t even looked at revision books from Osbourne, all I did was mock exams on AAT’s website. And in my situation, the layout of the exam was the same, the questions were similar but of course not the same. From sample assessments you can gather what sort of question you MIGHT get asked not you WILL get asked.

The exam is difficult, wording of questions is difficult and sometimes you will have no clue what you are being asked to do, but that’s just AAT. Keep revising and I wish you luck with your results, I hope it’s a pass! If not, then remember, revision is success (And a bit of luck sometimes!).
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • Rela
    Rela Registered Posts: 5
    Norvydas,

I could argue with you, cause myself I came from Lithuania but we live here in UK and here are different rules and approaches to exams you can't compare two different countries.

All I'm saying is that my exam was nothing related to online assessments,this is my main disappointment.
    Anyway not giving up on this as this is the LAST exam..

Good luck to everyone !
Privacy Policy