Level 4 AQ16, after a long break. Where to start?

Hi everyone. I'm just starting my Level 4 on the AQ16 syllabus, after nearly two years from completing my Level 3 on the AQ13 syllabus. I've had a very demanding job and have had no time to pursue L4. I'm just starting a new job with realistic hours and so I'm ready to jump into studying again. Does anyone have any advice for how I can get back into it. I fear that I've forgotten quite a bit in the past two years, so I was thinking of starting off with my 2 optional units....just to get me back into the swing of studying and sitting exams. Also, can anyone advise on the estimated time to complete Level 4 through distance learning. I'm planning to book my synoptic for May 2019....does that sound achievable? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Vickie30
    Vickie30 Registered Posts: 24
    Hi @dmoores2002
    A lot of Level 4 dips into Level 3, it takes your basic knowledge and add onto it so if you can look back into Level 3 (maybe if you've still got the books?) I think this would be a massive help! You could also try the Green Light section on Level 3 for all subjects on the AAT website - I find them very helpful for revision so you might start remembering things as you go along! My tutors planned my exams like the following: Budgeting, Financial Statements, Decision Making, Synoptic Exam, Options. They did the 3 main exams in order of difficultly (easier to harder), and then the Synoptic - since there are only 4 windows a year to sit that, if we needed to resit we had another two windows before the course finished to try again. I guess it would be different if you are distance learning! I go part time at college (1 day a week) and the course is a year and a half - Feb 2018 until July 2019 so I guess it just depends how quickly you learn/how much you revise? Between Feb and Oct this year we have sat the 3 main exams and we have the Synoptic this month, (we had a 3 month summer break in the middle too) just to give you some perspective on how long it took me!
    Hope some of this helps :)
    Vickie
    AATQB - Studying Level 4
  • Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    edited November 2018
    Hi, you haven't forgotten everything as you think, you just need to refresh ur memory. I would say read relevant Level 3 unit before starting to study one of Level 4 units. I.e.if you studying L4 budgeting exam read L3 book relevant to this subject to refresh ur knowledge.
    In regards of how long it would take you to complete Level 4 is individual, it depends how much time u willing to put into it and how good you remember everything. I have started level 4 on 1st April 18, yesterday I took my last exam. (I am still waiting results from synoptic + the exam i took yesterday).
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
Privacy Policy