pass rate

Did anybody pass this exam. I had massive difficulties in the spreadsheet element, as formulas were not copying across and print screen wasn't working as it should. In all the other assessments my results were around 85%. However, massive fail on this unit, because of spreadsheets!?

Comments

• dumutroba
    dumutroba Registered Posts: 262
    Hi

Unfortunately most of the marks come from the Excel task, so this could have failed you, but until you have your results nothing is certain
    AAT Level 2. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 3. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 4. 2019 FSLC 100% MABU 93% MADC 82% PDSY 80%
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • Duchess1
    Duchess1 Registered Posts: 85
    Completely and utterly failed. Had massive issues with the spreadsheet not copying and doing things it was supposed to do. I can't be bothered taking the exam again, as the same is likely to happen. Think I will start CIMA instead. Just wasted nearly a year doing level 2&3.
  • Mike Webster
    Mike Webster Registered, Tutor Posts: 203 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    The AAT's published pass rate for this assessment is 54.6% globally.

I've attached the latest success rates for all assessments.
    Michael JH Webster AATQB FMAAT
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉

The AAT's published pass rate for this assessment is 54.6% globally.

I've attached the latest success rates for all assessments.

are these pass rates up to date?

The pass rates you have quoted are different to rates quoted on the AAT website ( which are for 12 month up to the 31 December 2017)
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • Mike Webster
    Mike Webster Registered, Tutor Posts: 203 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Yes - these are for the year to 30 June 2018 - published towards the end of September 2018. You can see the original webpage for yourself at:

AAT Pass rates to 30 June 2018

To be honest, some of it makes very depressing reading - especially the Pass/Merit/Distinction split at Advanced and Professional level.
    Michael JH Webster AATQB FMAAT
  • Cheesypeesy
    Cheesypeesy Registered Posts: 101
    I'm shocked about the pass rates for Credit Management and Cash and Treasury Management. I chose both of them thinking they were the most straightforward, yet they're the lowest of all the optional units in Professional level.
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
    Currently on CIMA Management Level. Passed P2, F2 and E2. Preparing for November 19 MCS.
  • CSan89
    CSan89 Registered Posts: 207

I'm shocked about the pass rates for Credit Management and Cash and Treasury Management. I chose both of them thinking they were the most straightforward, yet they're the lowest of all the optional units in Professional level.

Might be the reason the pass rate is low because people underestimate them. I was in the same mind as you thinking they were the easy options. (I didn't take these options)
    AAT Level 2&3 - 2016
    AAT Level 4 - 2017
    Personal Tax, Business Tax and External Auditing

ACA/CTA -
    Certificate Level - Jan 2019
  • thelowendtheory18

Yes - these are for the year to 30 June 2018 - published towards the end of September 2018. You can see the original webpage for yourself at:

AAT Pass rates to 30 June 2018

To be honest, some of it makes very depressing reading - especially the Pass/Merit/Distinction split at Advanced and Professional level.

for some reason i don't have the rights to access the link you posted??

Odd.....
    AAT

• Duchess1
    lovely. failed again! same issues.
  • dumutroba
    You might want to consider changing your exam assessment venue, this look like poorly maintained computer equipment
    We have those quite often and I am always careful to stay away from them
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • DannyT90
    DannyT90 Registered Posts: 158
    How do you know it was the same issues?
  • Duchess1
    oecause last time I wasted an enormous amount of time doing a print screen - as it would not save. Same again this time. Tried it over and over again, would not save. So again, didn't finish the excel assessment - so will definitely fail again.

Last time I also wasted a lot of time, as needed to copy formatting and formulas to a separate page, and it just would not let me copy formulas etc across.

I don't see anyway of passing this exam, if I keep having the same IT issues!? Feel so disillusioned with the whole thing.
  • jadeterry
    jadeterry Registered Posts: 26
    I recently took my AAT synoptic assessment for Level 3 and had the same issue where the formula wouldn't copy across. When I came to work the next day, I was telling my colleagues and they asked me to show them what I mean. The question I had required me to collate data from lots of different tables on another sheet and total this up on the original sheet. You was then asked to pull the formula across to fill in the rest of the boxes and this wouldn't work. My colleagues said I was doing it the right way and it worked on my works computer. They told me to report it to college who could then possibly report to AAT. My manager emailed my CDA at my college who spoke to me and said I should have reported it in the exam. By reporting if after there's not much they can do. I couldn't report it in the exam because I thought at first that it was something in the way I was doing it and so couldn't say to my examiner "my formula isn't working" as they would have told me there's nothing they can do. Is this the same issue you had @Duchess1 and has anyone else had the same issue and what have you done about it?

I am awaiting my results to still come through this week, but I am not feeling confident after messing up part 2 of my excel section.
  • thelowendtheory18
    Not looking forward to this exam at all.... it sounds horrendous!
    AAT

• Duchess1
    I have reported it to Kaplan and AAT, but after the exam. They said they looked into it, but as not enough others complained, it is obviously not a problem.

I came home and did the same things on my laptop that I struggled with during the exam, and was able to do it without any problems. Taken the exam twice now. Waste of time and money.
  • Duchess1

Not looking forward to this exam at all.... it sounds horrendous!

Best of luck!
  • Duchess1
    jadeterry said:

I recently took my AAT synoptic assessment for Level 3 and had the same issue where the formula wouldn't copy across. When I came to work the next day, I was telling my colleagues and they asked me to show them what I mean. The question I had required me to collate data from lots of different tables on another sheet and total this up on the original sheet. You was then asked to pull the formula across to fill in the rest of the boxes and this wouldn't work. My colleagues said I was doing it the right way and it worked on my works computer. They told me to report it to college who could then possibly report to AAT. My manager emailed my CDA at my college who spoke to me and said I should have reported it in the exam. By reporting if after there's not much they can do. I couldn't report it in the exam because I thought at first that it was something in the way I was doing it and so couldn't say to my examiner "my formula isn't working" as they would have told me there's nothing they can do. Is this the same issue you had @Duchess1 and has anyone else had the same issue and what have you done about it?

I am awaiting my results to still come through this week, but I am not feeling confident after messing up part 2 of my excel section.

That's exactly what happened. I have taken the exam twice now and have had the same issue. By the time you encounter a problem and try it a few times, its taken up too much of your time and you can't finish the exam. On both occasions I didn't even start the last excel question, which is 17 points or so, so the rest of the exam was sort of pointless.

I reported it after the exam on both times & didn't realise I could report ANYTHING during the exam. Results come out today, but I am 100% sure I failed it on the excel section again.
  • DannyT90
    Results are out today??
  • tomstrong96
    tomstrong96 Registered Posts: 19
    tomorrow if you sat in november
  • dumutroba
    edited January 2019
    I had my results today, but sat level 4 Budgeting
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • acd230878
    acd230878 Registered Posts: 5
    jadeterry said:

That's exactly what happened. I have taken the exam twice now and have had the same issue. By the time you encounter a problem and try it a few times, its taken up too much of your time and you can't finish the exam. On both occasions I didn't even start the last excel question, which is 17 points or so, so the rest of the exam was sort of pointless.

I reported it after the exam on both times & didn't realise I could report ANYTHING during the exam. Results come out today, but I am 100% sure I failed it on the excel section again.

The same thing happened to me where my formulas would not auto fill by dragging. I spent ages in a panic thinking what could it be, tried allsorts of other ways and formulas and got myself in a state. The next few questions were linked to these results and I wasted a lot of time trying to work it out, in the end I found a 'calculations option' on the Formulas tab and my computer was set to manual and it needed to be automatic. Once I had figured this out I was nearly out of time and could not attempt the last part which was worth the most marks :-)

Very slight chance I may of scraped through, but after passing all my other exams at over 90%, I am disappointed.
  • DannyT90
    I'm in the same situation where all my other exams have been above 90% and I was really aiming to pass with a distinction. But now I'm unsure as to whether I've even passed the synoptic as I didn't complete it all.

If I pass with a merit is it worth my while taking the test again so I get a distinction?
  • DannyT90
    Also, what time are the results released?
  • acd230878
    My results have just come through.............passed with 79%. Happy days!
  • Rubyqi
    Rubyqi Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Congratulations! Mine hasn't updated yet, I am now super nervous!
  • acd230878
    The AAT website has been just awful, I must of refreshed the screen a hundred times. In the end I got my results by looking at the statement of achievement, instead of the results page. Good luck, I hope you don't have to wait too much longer.
  • Rubyqi
    This is torture, I wish I wouldn't have known today is the release day, I cannot concentrate on anything but refreshing the page that keeps showing error! Good luck to you too!
  • VS1
    VS1 Registered Posts: 71
    @Rubyqi this pretty much sums me up. I am at work and constantly refreshing the page.
  • Rubyqi
    @acd230878 Thank you for letting me know that I can find my results by looking at the statement of achievement, instead of the results page. I achieved 91%, good day! @VS1 I talked to the other group by mistake I only achieved level 3, now I can start my level 4 study officially! Good luck to you too!
  • acd230878
    @Rubyqi Well done that's an impressive result. I was 1% off getting an overall distinction, but the problems I had with excel, I'm happy to put it behind me and move onto Level 4. Best of luck
Privacy Policy