Rawhide PLC Professional Synoptic, any tips on securing a pass?!

Good evening all,

I have the Professional Synoptic exam on Monday. I am feeling completely overwhelmed m, the hardest unit yet. I have passed all my other AAT exams first time however I am already walking into this exam feeling like it could me a resit!

Any tips on securing the extra marks on the written Tasks?

Comments

• Rela
    Rela Registered Posts: 5
    Evening , I’m having synoptic on Thursday?could you please send me slides too ☺️?
    Thanks!
  • francescasade12
    francescasade12 Registered Posts: 14
    Thank you @soflynads much appreciated :)
  • AATstud
    AATstud Registered Posts: 41
    edited February 2019
    Hi, I will really appreciate if @soflynads send me the slides. I am resitting on Thursday.
  • VS1
    VS1 Registered Posts: 71
    I have exam on Thursday as well. Can you please send me the slide too. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • soflynads
    soflynads Registered Posts: 7
    Please see attached slides. @AATstud @Rela
  • Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Guys, use search function, search through forum there has been a lot of threads like this and people have given excellent tips on how to pass the exam & how to approach the exam!
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • nicole_cassar_27
    nicole_cassar_27 Registered Posts: 1
    @soflynads Can I please have the slides too? Would be greatly appreciated!
  • Dorota_1680
    Dorota_1680 Registered Posts: 59
    @soflynads can i please have the slides too? I’m resitting this exam on Wed :( thanks
  • Dorota_1680
    @francescasade12 how did your exam go? I’m having a resit on Wed. What sort of questions shall i still revise for this exam to be able to pass?
  • Marshy77
    Marshy77 Registered Posts: 34
    @soflynads please could I have the slides too.
  • Raminta
    Raminta Registered Posts: 8
    @soflynads Could yoy please send me slides as well. Many thanks in advance.
  • Kim123
    Kim123 Registered Posts: 2
    @soflynads Could you please send me the slides as well. It would be much appreciated.
  • soflynads
    soflynads Registered Posts: 7
    Please find slides attached.
  • Raminta
    Does anyone has extra learning material on CBA that could share with me? First intuition books do not provide much info about it.
  • Vmazzo
    Vmazzo Registered Posts: 9
    What structure are we to use in task 3, where we have to identify the weakness and comment on how this can effect the company. Is this the question where they require you to use spam soap? I’m not too where I’m going wrong with this one!
  • VS1
    VS1 Registered Posts: 71
    @Vmazzo - Yes that's correct, you use SPAM, SOAP also don't forget the Payable/Sales/Payroll questionnaire (e.g is order form in sequential prenumbered form, 2 signature from list of approved signatory for Bacs payment, credit checks on new customers). Also keep an eye out for the wording of the question, if they ask you what effect does it have on certain aspects of the business then you need to link it to that, generic effects on the business won't help you get the marks,
  • Zedeldesire
    Zedeldesire Registered Posts: 13
    Hi @soflynads could you please send me slide?

Many thanks,
  • sehrish
    sehrish Registered Posts: 9
    If any one been through the pre release material for AAt level 4 synoptic ?? Can someone help me to find strengths and weaknesses in Rawhide PLC??
  • NickCraggs
    NickCraggs Registered, Tutor Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    I am running a free facebook live session on this on Friday, on our Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/firstintuitionaat/

Nick Craggs FMAAT AATQB ACA, AAT Branch Member and Distance Learning Director at First Intuition

firstintuition.co.uk/
  • Raminta
    I really didn't expect to pass and thought that my answers were quite generic and I was repeating myself. I managed to get 81%, god knows how. I was concentrating heavily on released material and at the exam I panicked as none of the scenarios that I was preparing myself too came up. Task 2 had a similar layout to the examples, it's important to know the main things that you need to look for, calculate and explain your assumptions. Task 3 I found weirdly worded and felt that I was repeating myself non stop, but maybe that was the trick. As long as you know the main weaknesses in different departments you will be fine. Just look for them. Task 4 - relevant and non relevant costs were very important. Calculations need to be right in order to have a valid discussion and explanation. Task 5 - no surprises. Task 6 - I got CBA question, which I read about lots before, but the scenario was confusing and I couldn't really understand all of it. I think they mark you well if you justify your explanation well enough as there might be few right answers, so it's all about how you are going to prove that your answer is legitimate.
    I am all done now and can't wait to get my life back!
    Good luck to everyone! :)
  • Dorota_1680
    @Raminta - RE. Task 2 that you have mentioned I just didn't find it to be in a similar layout to practice tests from Osbourne, BPP, Kaplan which I revised before the exams. What sort of calculation is needed for this task?
  • Staceydanielsx
    Staceydanielsx Registered Posts: 40
    Hi @Raminta well done! Must be the biggest relief everrrr!
    Thank you for the advise.
    Can I ask, what do you mean by relevant & non relevant costs. I haven't come across this yet. Thank you
  • Raminta
    @Dorota_1680 I used First Intuition books for preparation. I needed to go through fixed budget and explain why it doesn't work in uncertain times, flex the budget by showing calculations and explain why this is more relevant. Have a look at differences between fixed and flexed budget
  • Dorota_1680
    @Raminta Thanks
  • Raminta
    @Staceydanielsx they could ask you something like - what costs would be included to build a new machine. You would need to know which costs would be relevant to build a machine and which ones are not. Irrelevant costs are costs that are not affected by the decision to build a machine. for instance sunk cost (existing premises) and fixed overheads (rent of premises). Relevant costs include differential, avoidable (hiring a new employee to build a machine), and opportunity costs. Hope that makes sense.
  • Staceydanielsx
    Staceydanielsx Registered Posts: 40
    Thank you @Raminta this is really helpful
  • NickCraggs
    NickCraggs Registered, Tutor Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    These are my tips as to how to pass this exam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFK8eACPz9Y
    Nick Craggs FMAAT AATQB ACA, AAT Branch Member and Distance Learning Director at First Intuition

firstintuition.co.uk/
  • Dorota_1680
    edited May 2019
    Hi all! I just had my synoptic exam for a 3rd time and for the first time i had cost benefit analysis which i didn't come across in practice papers at all. Can you assist where to get some help on this question?
Privacy Policy