Pre-release Material

Please can someone tell me I can find the pre release material on the AAT website.....I dont know if i'm just being a plonk but I cant locate it!

Best Answer

• NorvydasNorvydas DevonPosts: 232
    Accepted Answer
    @Dimps92

Log in to AAT Website, then you should have an option to Access Study Materials, click on that. Then choose the level & unit, in your case Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting -> Professional Synoptic. There you will find Green Light Tests, mock exams and pre-realese material for live exam.

Before reading pre-release material make sure you select the right one!! As there are Pre-Released materials for MOCK Exams and Pre-Realesed materials for LIVE exam!
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
    Dimps92

Answers

• Dimps92Dimps92 Registered Posts: 14
    @Norvydas yes thank you! I was looking in systems and controls for some reason!! Thanks again
  • NorvydasNorvydas DevonMAAT Posts: 232
    @Dimps92

No worries :) Good luck!
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
    @Norvydas thank you! Have you taken the exam? If so how did you find it? Any tips?
  • NorvydasNorvydas DevonMAAT Posts: 232
    edited April 2
    @Dimps92

I've completed my Level 4 in December (I have passed Synoptic on my 2nd attempt). The exam is difficult, the most difficult part is the wording of the questions, as you're never certain what exactly the examiner is asking you to do, so you've to write as much as you can and about everything you think the question might relate to. The most important advice I have is to refer to your companies pre-release material. In each written question, refer the pre-release material to the question, if for example the variance is adverse you could write; as per pre-release material we can see that the "Material" variance is "adverse" this could be because....
    Usually pre-release material have hints such as "company has been struggling to have enough skilled labour or the normal supplier ceased trading etc" and if you come across a question where it asks you to analyse materials or budget plans you have to incorporate this into your answer.
    First time I've taken the exam I barely refered to pre-release material, however on my 2nd attempt in every question I wrote a little bit about pre-release material. Another tip, is to have a good knowledge of the units as a whole, be confident with budgets, with various calculations and most importantly practise written questions! Make sure your answers are structured and written in clear manner that someone who's not working in the finance can understand what you're talking about.

Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
    Dimps92StaceydanielsxVickie30
    Thank you @Norvydas i greatly appreciate your help :3