Is it worth leaving the Indirect tax Exam until last?

thelowendtheory18
thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I've just passed my advanced bookkeeping exam and I've been planning ahead as i need to get fully AAT qualified ASAP.

Is it worth leaving the Indirect Tax exam until last as it isn't covered in the Synoptic exam?

I'm currently studying the FAPR exam, then if all goes well i'll sit the MMAC exam then the Synoptic... leaving the Tax exam until last

Is this a good idea, does it even make a difference?
AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21

Comments

• Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    @thelowendtheory18

It won't make any difference, as you will get qualified when all of the units are completed, therefore no matter what order you take the exams you will have to do them all.

The only benefit I can think of, is that you will still have fresher memory of the past units you've done so it might be more beneficial to take synoptic before Indirect Tax.

Personally I did them by following AAT layout and all was ok and had no issues with it.
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • thelowendtheory18
    I guess one other benefit is you can study the Tax exam while waiting for your synoptic results????
    AAT

• Norvydas
    @thelowendtheory18

Yes that's another benefit. I personally preferred to have all of the units completed so I have all of the required knowledge before I attempt the Synoptic (I know Indirect Tax is not included in synoptic but still I felt more comfortable knowing I am competent in this unit).
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • Bran278
    Bran278 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    > @thelowendtheory18 said:
    > I've just passed my advanced bookkeeping exam and I've been planning ahead as i need to get fully AAT qualified ASAP.
    >
    > Is it worth leaving the Indirect Tax exam until last as it isn't covered in the Synoptic exam?
    >
    > I'm currently studying the FAPR exam, then if all goes well i'll sit the MMAC exam then the Synoptic... leaving the Tax exam until last
    >
    > Is this a good idea, does it even make a difference?

Thats the way I am planning to sit the exams.
  • nicoledx
    nicoledx Registered Posts: 6
    I’ve just taken the Indirect Tax on the 1st, and I am now looking at the synoptic. Upon just browsing I think studying the indirect tax first will help towards the synoptic exam. But if you’re pretty confident on tax already then it would be fine for you. One positive of taking it after is you can study it and get ready for it whilst waiting for your synoptic exam.
  • Norvydas
    Indirect Tax & Business Tax exams are not part of Synoptic syllabus, nor any of the optional units are.

The only units that are included in Synoptic are mandatory units. Optional units are not included in Synoptic.
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • thelowendtheory18
    after all that i'm taking my Indirect Tax exam before the synoptic....lol

glad i've got the mmac exam out the way... i found the subject very boring!!
    AAT

Privacy Policy