SWOT Example Answers

Hi All,

Does anybody have any revision information on Task 6 for SWOT Questions or where is the best place to find it? For example, i usually look at the recommend answers from the AAT official mocks for guidance on what information to include in my own answers however, both mocks don't include any SWOT questions.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Dimps92
    Dimps92 Registered Posts: 20
    Hi @ConnorL

I have been using Osborne and BPP for my revision, BPP have a SWOT style question in one of their practise papers so I have attached this for you along with their answers.

Hope this helps :)
  • Dimps92
    Dimps92 Registered Posts: 20
    edited May 2019
  • ConnorL
    ConnorL Registered Posts: 13
    Hi @Dimps92

Thanks for your reply but nothing seem's to be attached? Could you possibly re-send?

Thanks
  • Vickie30
    Vickie30 Registered Posts: 24
    Hi Connor,
    Both of the AAT Practice Assessments online have the SWOT analysis for task 6 (they used to only have CBA..) I checked yesterday as I'm now revising for Synoptic and my tutor said they had changed. Not much help if you need a CBA example!
    Vickie
    AATQB - Studying Level 4
  • ConnorL
    Hi @Vickie30

Thanks for the info however, mine seems to have not updated on the AAT website! I still only have the CBA questions. Do you have a copy of the PDF answers that you could send to me?

Thanks for your help
  • Vickie30
    Hi @ConnorL
    I've attached them - PA1 is SWOT analysis and PA2 I feel is a mix between the both.. I've copied the question into Word and converted to PDF for you (so you can give it a go) and the answers are at the bottom. I hope this helps :) When are you sitting your Synoptic? Mine is next week....
    Vickie
    AATQB - Studying Level 4
  • ConnorL
    @Vickie30 Thanks very much for this! Very helpful from you.
    Sitting mine on Monday morning, far from confident i must say :/ How're you feeling about it all and is this your first time sitting this synoptic?

Thanks again
  • Vickie30
    @ConnorL no problem :)! What are you struggling on the most? This is my second time, I sat it last summer and got 63% so I’m hoping I get that 7%!!
    AATQB - Studying Level 4
  • Dorota_1680
    Dorota_1680 Registered Posts: 59
    edited May 2019
    @Vickie30 Thanks for attached documents, where did you get these from? Osbourne? Kaplan? BPP?

I'm sitting mine on Monday too It would be mine 3rd attempt so worried that I may still fail this time round. I have revised using Osbourne, Kaplan and BPP books for the other two attempts and still failed. I have question re. Budgeting written task as I have found it completely different to the one I have seen it in study materials. Do you have any useful practice budgeting example to help me with this written tasks? Do we need to refer to pre-release materials to answers all written tasks in the exam?
  • Vickie30
    Hi @Dorota_1680
    No problem, I got them from the online AAT practice assessments :)
    I have only used the Osborne books and the practice material supplied from the AAT, I have done a lot of reading on forums and everyone says to refer to the material as much as you can, as Rawhide is a toy manufacturer I've also been told to try researching real life scenarios with companies (ToysRUS is probably a good one to look at) to help with Task 6 mainly. For the budgeting written question my tutor said knowing the types of budgets is absolutely key, standard costing comes up in the practice assessment so may be worth looking at that too. Have you got the Osborne workbooks too? I think the Synoptic has 4 practice assessments in the workbook which gives you 4 more examples of things that may come up. The practice assessments mocks that AAT provide I think are helpful in the terms of how its written, I sometimes look at the answers first to see what they are asking of me and then write my answers.. I do feel that sometimes I have no idea what they are asking me to do and then I panic :(
    Vickie
    AATQB - Studying Level 4
  • ConnorL
    Hi @Vickie30

Task 2 is a struggle for me, the way the questions are set out are horrendous in my eyes! A lot of the time i'm writing my answer out thinking is this even relevant to the question... How do you find the exam, do you struggle on any area's or just the general layout of the questions?
  • Staceydanielsx
    Staceydanielsx Registered Posts: 40
    I'm in the same boat as you @Vickie30 I last sat mine last Summer I got 66% and resitting next Thursday. Ah it's the most boring thing to revise and the written questions are the worst aren't they.
  • ConnorL
    Hi @Staceydanielsx

How're you finding it now after a year break from the synoptic? Also, how're you revising for it this time round?

Thanks,
  • Vickie30
    @ConnorL I got significantly below on Task 2, I obviously had no clue :(. Even on the practice assessments I just sit and wonder what on earth are they asking me haha. We know its Budgeting, we know its going to ask about different types of budgets, but the rest it could be absolutely anything!! I exceeded on the ratios, I feel like its a good 20 marks to grab if you know them inside out!
    @Staceydanielsx I think the worst thing about it is that absolutely anything can come up :(:(
    AATQB - Studying Level 4
  • Dorota_1680
    @Vickie30 Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I didn't get standard costing in my previous two attempts that I had so maybe this time round I will get question on that. I feel worried as it's quite a lot of material to revise for this exam....Yes, I have all practice tests from Osbourne, BPP and Kaplan as well.
  • Staceydanielsx
    When you say different types of budget's. Do you mean:
    Top Down Budgeting
    Bottom Up Budgeting
    Incremental Budgeting
    Zero Based Budgeting
    Activity Based Budgeting
    Rolling Budgets ?
  • Vickie30
    @Staceydanielsx Absolutely correct :)
    AATQB - Studying Level 4
  • Dorota_1680
    edited May 2019
    I have found it hard to specify which budget it was given in my previous two attempts. What's the difference between incremental /zero/activity and rolling budgets?

• Staceydanielsx
    Hi @Dorota_1680 I made some notes on different budgets. Not that I can remember it all but in attempt to stuff it all in my brain before next week:
    Incremental budgeting- prev. budget is adjusted for change in prices & volume
    +: Simple/ stable/ Easy
    -: inefficiencies repeat/ out of date
    Zero based budgeting- looked at from scratch
    +: inefficiencies highlighted/ slack eliminated/ forces look into
    -: time consuming/ complex/ costly
    Activity based budgeting- Based on usage of cost drivers
    +: better managed/ good understanding
    -: Time consuming/ some costs unrelatable to output
    Rolling budget- continually updated
    +: opportunity to react to change
    -: Time consuming

Hope this helps a bit
  • Dorota_1680
    hi @Staceydanielsx thanks for your notes I will print this off and use it for my revision :( Only few days left and I feel not as prepared as I was for other two attempts really :(
Privacy Policy