AAT studies

How difficult is AAT level 2 to 4? I was wanting to do a Business Management and HR Diploma alongside it (3 years). Would it be too much work/hard to do it together? Would I be setting myself up for failure?

Comments

• crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi,
    From my memory Levels 2 & 3 were not too much of a problem - Level 4 however I think does increase both in workload and diffculty - from when I completed there was a case study project to complete as well as 5 odd exams ?
    I would find it a bit much trying complete AAT level 4 as well as another qualification at the same time....
  • HeatherB
    HeatherB Registered Posts: 4
    Thank you Crispy.
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi, I think anything is achievable if you have the motivation, dedication and ofcourse time available. Do you feel that you would have sufficient time to Study 2 qualifications and also have time for yourself, i.e. home life, work life and you time?

I am currently finishing Level 4 (Professional Diploma) and am awaiting my final 2 exam results, I have worked full-time throughout my AAT studies, have out of work commitments and managing to save some time for myself etc. I would say I've found it very busy and time consuming. I have completed a Payroll Diploma alongside my studies however this was only a short course and not a 3 year course. Therefore I know I couldn't have committed to another long-term course alongside studying AAT.

I think it is highly admirable that you are wanting to study both AAT and another course though! - Good luck to you. Having Business Management & HR will be very beneficial.
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • HeatherB
    Thanks amurray for the feedback. I only work part-time currently. My youngest daughter will be going to secondary school in September. The Business and HR course is one full day and 1 evening a week and the AAT level 2 is 1 evening a week at college. I plan to reduce my work hours to 2 days a week. My husband is happy to support me in my studies and willing to fill in the gap wrt to our daughter etc. I was studying 2 evenings a week this year already at college, the only thing that probably worries me the most is not knowing what the workload will be for either course. Maybe after my first year, I will have a better idea of what to expect and make a decision of where I want to focus my energy if I can't manage both.
  • HeatherB
    Thank you
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Heather,

It sounds like you have a good plan of action in place to review how things are going after the first year of studies. AAT is a fantastic qualification! - Its also good to have a support network whilst studying, which you mentioned you have :)
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    edited June 2019
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
Privacy Policy