FA18 v FA19 can you use old coursebooks to study?

Options
Bran278
Bran278 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all,

I am confused about something and need help.

I have just hastily ordered a full set of secondhand AAT Level 4 coursebooks to use for studying.

However, my worry is that the Personal and Business books (both are FA18) will be redundant after December 2019, which is the time they are relevant for assessments.

Even the AAT websites study support section lists mock results for identical exams in FA18 and FA19 variations...

Does this mean my books will be useless to use for revision then? Will I be learning things that are irrelevant etc and can someone explain to me the main differences between FA18 and FA19??

Some reassurance that I can use all the books I've potentially wasted money on would be appreciated lol. :)

Regards

Brandon

Comments

• Bran278
    Bran278 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Personal and Business Tax books***
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I had somthing similar when I did the Indirect Tax for level 3. It's generally bits of detail that change such as the allowances. You should be able to use the books you have and learn the differences. AAT has the reference tables available for example. I would be careful of any large changes that might not be in the reference information if you have a tutor they could probably advise about this in more detail.

It also depends on when you sit the exam if done quickly you could be sitting it before the change in the exam happens.

In my case I had a new book and sat the old exam and looked up the differences in advance but the general learning for method and style is the same.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22