GOOD NEWS! - Cost Benefit Analysis

chloewain_
chloewain_ Registered Posts: 42
So I have done a lot of research on the CBA as a lot of students have been complaining about it and said that it isn't in the books or on the AAT website. I found a forum going back to May where a student said that the previous practise assessments on the AAT website both had CBA in and now they only have SWOT. I contacted AAT customer service asking for the previous practice assessments that were on their website and his response was - if we change the practice papers on the website it means that we have removed material from the live assessment. This means that cost-benefit analysis won't come up anymore!!! I have asked for this in writing, just in case.
So if you have your exam this week, and are worried about CBA table, don't worry, it won't come up!! YAY

Comments

• AATSM
    AATSM Registered Posts: 24
    Thanks so much for this! I saw a lot of posts about CBA potentially coming up in task 6 rather than a SWOT analysis so I had been trying to read up on a CBA and there’s little information in my revision books. My exam is this week. Good luck if you have your exam this week too!
  • ReeceDay
    ReeceDay Registered Posts: 6
    Great news - time to try & perfect SWOT analysis then!!
  • Beccagil90
    Beccagil90 Registered Posts: 4
    I have taken the synoptic twice and both times had CBA for question 6 so shouldn't they have been on the practice assessments previously?
  • chloewain_
    @Beccagil90 were they the cba table that a lot of people have complained about as there is no content on it on the study support website or from training providers?
  • Beccagil90
    @chloewain_ yes, I haven't been able to find anything to help with the table!
  • chloewain_
    @Beccagil90 this is why I called in the first place, it's ridiculous! Im really hoping they have taken it out! Thank you for letting me know though. When was the last synoptic that you sat please? As they said this was only a recent change. I will call again and clarify, but they sounds very sure
  • Beccagil90
    @chloewain_ I think I last sat it at the end of May (think I've tried to block it out of my memory ?)
    I'm resitting on Friday for the 3rd time and do hope they've taken out the table!
  • RB123
    RB123 Registered Posts: 1
    Hey

As we are given a basic swot analysis in the pre seen material, if a swot analysis question comes up in the exam, do we just expand on the points given in pre release info?

Thanks
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    It would likely be a SWOT based on a set of procedures stated in the question. I've had similar on Osborne practices where procedures were laid out and you performed a SWOT on those rather than the whole company
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • Turkish
    Turkish Registered Posts: 8
    That information is incorrect, I got a CBA question in my exam and there wasn't any questions on it in the mocks on AAT website.
    Fortunately I was well prepared for CBA and passed the exam, ignore this response at your peril students...….
    Always prepare for every exam for no surprises that was my mantra for 3 years and it served me very well.
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖

So I have done a lot of research on the CBA as a lot of students have been complaining about it and said that it isn't in the books or on the AAT website. I found a forum going back to May where a student said that the previous practise assessments on the AAT website both had CBA in and now they only have SWOT. I contacted AAT customer service asking for the previous practice assessments that were on their website and his response was - if we change the practice papers on the website it means that we have removed material from the live assessment. This means that cost-benefit analysis won't come up anymore!!! I have asked for this in writing, just in case.
    So if you have your exam this week, and are worried about CBA table, don't worry, it won't come up!! YAY

We’re really sorry but you’ve been misinformed. Cost Benefit Analysis is assessable as part of the Professional Diploma Synoptic assessment and may come up. We advise students to check the Qualification Specifications for details of what could be assessed within the assessment. These are found within our Study Support Search. You can also find our Examiner reports within the search - these will help you to see where other students have done well/not so well in the past. The PDSY one for example (for 2018) is found here.
  • Joao_Albuquerque
    Joao_Albuquerque Registered Posts: 2
    @AAT_Team - Thank you for you above comments.
    Is there any support you could give us on CBA? As many other AAT students have mentioned there is not information on CBA in the course book or any of the other AAT materials and as such would appreciate if you could share some study material we could use to revise.
    Thanks
  • Joao_Albuquerque
    Joao_Albuquerque Registered Posts: 2
    @Turkish How did you prepare for CBA questions? Struggling at the moment to revise for this.
  • chloewain_
    @AAT_Team so what are you going to do about the person who misinformed me about the exam over the phone? I've recalled to get a name and it turns out whoever I spoke to didn't log a call.

How are students supposed to know about the cba table if it isnt on the study support or from ANY training provider then please? I know you have been complained to many times about this and just fob them off saying your training provider should know.
    I would like a direct answer, including links as to how students should know about this cba table please

I have done plenty of research thank you and know the examiners report inside and out.
    The qualification specification does not teach students how to answer this mystery table, and again, I am aware of this thank you.
    The call with aat (whoever missadvised me) was made because I was asking for the previous practice papers on the aat study support which had Cba on the last question for both practice assessments. I was requesting links for these assessments please (the older ones that were on the website at the beginning of this year please). I can only see aqa13 practice papers, but obviously there wasnt a synoptic back then
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    @chloewain_ We are very sorry you had been misinformed about this subject. If you would like more information about our complaints procedure you can find it here.

We don't handle customer support queries on this channel, so if you would like a more in depth response on this topic please contact our team via customersupport@aat.org.uk who will be able to get back to you on it.
  • chloewain_
    @AAT_Team I did have a more in-depth response, and was misinformed :) So dont really trust your customer service department, as you can imagine
  • chloewain_
    Turkish said:

That information is incorrect, I got a CBA question in my exam and there wasn't any questions on it in the mocks on AAT website.
    Fortunately I was well prepared for CBA and passed the exam, ignore this response at your peril students...….
    Always prepare for every exam for no surprises that was my mantra for 3 years and it served me very well.

I am not a peril student. I am sorry to have misinformed everyone, however, as above, I was misinformed myself by AAT, THE ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL BODY, and am taking this very seriously with AAT and complaining to the top.

I think this is a very rude comment to make about me, especially when AAT admitted that they were in the wrong.

You are the one saying you were prepared for CBA and yet you know that plenty of students are struggling with CBA and not willing to help. Just boasting about yourself, and not willing to help others, nice one
  • bolingbroke
    bolingbroke Registered Posts: 19
    edited September 2019
    In defence of Turkish, they were saying: ignore this response (meaning his/her own response) at your peril, and addressing that to all students. They were not calling you a peril student (whatever that means), but warning you and all students that what the AAT have told you is incorrect, in case you go in with no practice in CBA
  • chloewain_
    @bolingbroke Punctuation is key then :) Still no input as to how other students can be 'well prepared' for cba though, which would have been extremely useful as everyone is struggling with it, and AAT are useless at helping with it
  • Turkish
    Turkish Registered Posts: 8

Turkish said:

I am not a peril student. I am sorry to have misinformed everyone, however, as above, I was misinformed myself by AAT, THE ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL BODY, and am taking this very seriously with AAT and complaining to the top.

I think this is a very rude comment to make about me, especially when AAT admitted that they were in the wrong.

You are the one saying you were prepared for CBA and yet you know that plenty of students are struggling with CBA and not willing to help. Just boasting about yourself, and not willing to help others, nice one
    Clearly you have completely misunderstood the meaning of 'ignore this response at you peril, students'.
    and i'm not why you think that is an insult,

In all honesty 'chloewain' I posted that respone to stop students from not preparing for CBA from your awful misinformation. How would you have felt if people had taken your advice and were then caught incredibly short and ruined their chances of a pass???

To prepare for CBA I used videos on YouTube & LSBF videos and just a general google search on CBA should be enough. I believe its a dangerous thing to rely solely on the AAT website to learn CBA they are not a training provider. Thinks outside the box use your initiative and DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING TO CHANCE.

Good Luck Students
Privacy Policy