Budgeting Exam

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if they have taken the exam recently and if they found it harder than the mock exams on the AAT website or if the question formats differed at all? I am due to take mine Friday and just having a little panic!
Thanks
Becky

Comments

• Turkish
    Turkish Registered Posts: 8
    Hi Madronya

I found Budgeting was an easier version of MDCL, if you attempted and passed MDCL you will no problems.
    Variances are definitely the most tricky task in the exam, but a bit of practice and you will be fine.

Good Luck
  • Madronya
    Madronya Registered Posts: 6
    Thanks but I haven't done that module yet! Maybe I am attempting the modules in the wrong order!
  • Turkish
    To be hones MDCL is a tough one so maybe I did them in the wrong order haha, again swot up on variances, there are videos on YouTube 'LSBF TV Budgeting' they are brilliant. I strongly recommend you watch all of them more than once while practicing questions.
    Don't expect to get things right first time that is what learning is all about.
    It becomes clearer the more you look at it, I promise.
  • Madronya
    Madronya Registered Posts: 6
    Thanks that's really useful, I have had a quick look at the youtube videos and will look in more detail this evening .
  • Turkish
    You’re welcome, I found the best and easiest way to learn variances was the method they used on there. My actual teachers method was to long, to scrappy and wasn’t quite clicking.
    Anyway good luck with your exam.
  • Harry_1998
    Harry_1998 Registered Posts: 23
    Hi
    Which question did you find most difficult in the exam?
    Also how would you go about answering Q 4 ,8 which are the written tasks.

• Turkish
    Learn to speak the AAT’s language is my best advice what I mean by that is study the written questions in as many mocks as you can, look at the layout the language and the marking scheme don’t wast time writing to much just make it relevant short and sweet. Throw in calculations to back up your answers and back up every point you make with ‘this is because.........’ you get marks for identifying and you get extra marks for explaining.
    Good luck
  • Harry_1998
    Also How would i calculate production and operating budgets in Q3 of the question.
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You shold be given basic information. Selling price, production requirements, other costs (and behavior). You'll need to use this with the number of units that are expected to sell to produce the budget.

E.g Budget revenue = N(units) * Selling price.
    Material budget = N(units) * material unit cost

AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • Harry_1998
    Has anyone got their Management : Accounting Budgeting exam coming up soon.
  • KirstiePerry
    KirstiePerry Registered Posts: 1
    I have mine on Saturday, and although I feel ready calculations wise, I am struggling with the written tasks. I can't get them done in the time required. I panic for the first minute or so and then take ages working out my answers!
  • Jparker760
    Jparker760 Registered Posts: 4
    I took mine at the start of the month (results due on Thursday eeek). I actually came out of the exam with a big smile on my face as i enjoyed it! Only time will tell now as to whether my confidence was well-founded. I had decided to work it to allow myself 1.5hrs to do the written tasks and found that worked really well and i had about 20 minutes left at the end of the exam.
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I've got the budgeting exam on next Monday.... I've noticed it's a lot shorter unit notice compared to Financial Statements unit
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • Jparker760
    Jparker760 Registered Posts: 4
    I thought it was lovely compared to Financial Statements - am sure you will love it
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I actually enjoyed the financial statements unit as a whole..lol
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
Privacy Policy