Pre exam material- reference

Hello,

I am due to sit synoptic exam this week for the first time and wanted to double check re the pre exam material for Ruby Dale Ltd.​

I have seen people mentioning we should refer every tasks apart from of course Task 1 & 5 as much possible to pre release. Looking at the exam mocks, usually we get given further case studies in every task re the same company. So should we be referring to pre release as well as the additional information given in the tasks?​
Also i am guessing we just need to give a reference from the pre release to back up the point being made not much in details otherwise alot of time can be taken?

Any advise on this?

Thank you

Comments

• Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Ishrat said:

Hello,

I am due to sit synoptic exam this week for the first time and wanted to double check re the pre exam material for Ruby Dale Ltd.​

I have seen people mentioning we should refer every tasks apart from of course Task 1 & 5 as much possible to pre release. Looking at the exam mocks, usually we get given further case studies in every task re the same company. So should we be referring to pre release as well as the additional information given in the tasks?​
    Also i am guessing we just need to give a reference from the pre release to back up the point being made not much in details otherwise alot of time can be taken?

Any advise on this?

Thank you

Hello,

I passed this exam 2nd time round with 77%. The first time I go 53%.

The first exam went bad for me as I had no clue on the layout, how to approach the questions etc.

The second time I referred to the pre release as much as I could, and then also linked my answers to the information given in each question as-well.

As the pre release gives you info on the companies background, but each question gives you additional specific information.

Task 1 is drop down answers and Task 5 was ratios for me. So referring to the pre release is not as essential in these tasks. However the rest of the tasks it is needed.

Do not do the questions in order, as you will perhaps run out of time. Do the questions in the below order:

Task 1
    Task 3
    Task 5
    Task 2
    Task 6 or 4

Also when answering written questions always follow the below:

Give a definition (examiners love a definition) , explain your definition, make your point, explain your point, give examples, then link this back to the question asked.

As long as you follow a structure with the written questions you cant go far wrong.

I used to get below requirement on written questions before following the above method, then I got met/exceeded.

When doing a written question, never leave the examiner asking any questions. If the examiner has questions then you haven't written/explained this enough:)

Hope this helps :)
  • Ishrat
    Ishrat Registered Posts: 49

Ishrat said:

Hello,

Any advise on this?

Thank you

Hello,

The first exam went bad for me as I had no clue on the layout, how to approach the questions etc.

The second time I referred to the pre release as much as I could, and then also linked my answers to the information given in each question as-well.

As the pre release gives you info on the companies background, but each question gives you additional specific information.

Task 1 is drop down answers and Task 5 was ratios for me. So referring to the pre release is not as essential in these tasks. However the rest of the tasks it is needed.

Do not do the questions in order, as you will perhaps run out of time. Do the questions in the below order:

Task 1
    Task 3
    Task 5
    Task 2
    Task 6 or 4

Give a definition (examiners love a definition) , explain your definition, make your point, explain your point, give examples, then link this back to the question asked.

As long as you follow a structure with the written questions you cant go far wrong.

I used to get below requirement on written questions before following the above method, then I got met/exceeded.

When doing a written question, never leave the examiner asking any questions. If the examiner has questions then you haven't written/explained this enough:)

Ishrat said:

Hello,

Any advise on this?

Thank you

Hello,

Task 1
    Task 3
    Task 5
    Task 2
    Task 6 or 4

• Ishrat
    Ishrat Registered Posts: 49
    Thank you so much for quick reply, much appreciated :) . Yes, I will try to link back to pre release as much possible. Hope I don't get caught with the time, as this is something I am conscious of especially given in written tasks.

Thanks again,
  • Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Ishrat said:

Thank you so much for quick reply, much appreciated :) . Yes, I will try to link back to pre release as much possible. Hope I don't get caught with the time, as this is something I am conscious of especially given in written tasks.

Thanks again,

No problem at all :) You will be fine on the time if you do the questions in the above order. Get the smaller questions out the way then focus on the larger questions :)
Privacy Policy