Please give me hope

So I took the synoptic on the 8th November,
I was so geared up for It, I studied as much as I could, I covered all basis of Ethics (or so I feel) and I tried to recap over everything for the excel. But when I got in there, I just panicked and I lost so much of what I knew!
I think I managed to do ok on the ethics and the written part (fingers crossed) but the rest.... :(
when I got to the Excel side, nothing was working, it wouldn't load so I lost around 10mins waiting for them to pause my exam to speak to AAT. then when I did get back up and running I realised the search engine in excel wasn't there! so I wasted so much time trying to figure out where everything was! I managed to complete the 1st half of the spread sheet minus a few things but the third half.. well I missed so much out chasing time. I just did what I knew I could do!
So I think its going to be very unlikely I have passed,

Is the exam marked as a whole? or do you need to get 70% on the first half and 70% for the excel spreadsheets?

Comments

• thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    All you can do at this point is keep your fingers crossed at this point!

I do feel for you..... I sat my Advanced Synoptic exam back in September..... If my excel played up like that, it would have stressed me right out

All the best for your future studies
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • SarahL90
    SarahL90 Registered Posts: 8
    Thank you, It feels like the longest wait, either way I don't think it will be a pass or fail by much.
    Just hope that I can shut my books over the Christmas break and start to think about the next level.

3 weeks to go.
  • claire_gay
    claire_gay Registered Posts: 1
    I’m thinking the exact same as you Sarah, I went into the exam and just went blank! I’m so worried because I need Level 3 to enroll for Level 4 in March!
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    There's no harm in going over the material while you wait. Level 4 obviously builds on what you've done in level 3 so refreshing the material if you're worried about having to resit can't hurt it goes a lot more into exact definitions and explanations as well so having a really good grasp of the level 3 material can only help.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • Bybi13
    Bybi13 Registered Posts: 4

I’m thinking the exact same as you Sarah, I went into the exam and just went blank! I’m so worried because I need Level 3 to enroll for Level 4 in March!

I am also waiting for the result of L3 Synoptic. But you don't need this to start Level 4. I have started level 4 straight after sitting synoptic. I am actually sitting my second exam in 2 hours :-D

At least it will take my mind off waiting for the results :-)
  • Helsmt
    Helsmt Registered Posts: 6
    @Bybi13 that's interesting to know. Are you continuing with the same provider or changing to a different one? I assumed you would need level 3 to go onto level 4?
Privacy Policy