Life After AAT

Hello everyone,
Just wondering what everyone’s plans are for after AAT?
Or anyone that has already progressed further.. which route did you take and what made you take that route?

Very stuck between what to do next.

Comments

• amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi JK,

I'm looking at going down the CIMA route, and if all goes well hope to start in the new year. Just awaiting my last Level 4 exam result which is due in January.

My main reasons for going down the CIMA route are that I work in Industry and wish to remain this side of Accountancy, as this is where my interests lie. Also I enjoy working within the one company or a group of companies. I like the forward thinking, commercial approach, looking at forecasting, budgeting and the businesses future opposed to the financial compliance, tax regulations, audit etc.

Although I have chosen to explore the CIMA route, there was quite a long thought process of other options, i.e. ACCA. I have colleagues who have done both routes and can recommend them both.

I think it falls down to what your interests are, where you see your career going and what you currently do as your job, i.e. are you based in Industry or are you within an Accountancy practice?
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    After finishing my AAT, the first thing I did was take a year off to concentrate on my work and my Scouting...and then during that time I ended up becoming the new leader of the whole Group, which suddenly means doing a lot more. xD

But then, as I had planned, I began studying for my ACCA - I want to become fully chartered, perhaps look for a role in a larger company with more chance to progress, or go into public sector/the civil service. The money of course has some importance, but I also would like to get a range of experience if possible. :)

And once I've finished my ACCA, I'm gonna use that free time to take up a hobby; what I'd really like to do is go back to competitive ballroom dancing like I did in my youth. :D
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
Privacy Policy