Mdcl exam results

Anyone waiting for exam results?
Mine due 6th.... long wait because of Christmas.
How’s everyone thinking they’ve done?

Comments

• amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I am also awaiting exams results (MDCL). They would have normally been due yesterday, however with the date I sat the exam and with the Christmas period, these are now due next Thursday, 9th.

This is a resit of a resit, of a resit, times by a few more times!..... so I am really hoping I have done well enough to pass on this attempt. This is the only exam holding me back on completing my AAT studies.

I felt quite confident in the exam (compared to the previous attempts), this was the best I have felt..... I put alot of extra hours and resources to my studies, extra materials etc. Also my score(%) has increased at every attempt, therefore I know I am heading in the right direction.

How do you feel your exam went? - Are you awaiting to sit any other exams, where are you with your Level 4 studies?

Good luck for your results! :)
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • Parki82
    Parki82 Registered Posts: 50
    I literally can’t remember!!!
    Feels ages ago what with it being Christmas.
    Having said that I found it the most challenging due to the pure volume of info required and the writing tasks.
    I have financial statements and the dreaded synoptic.
    So you’ve passed your synoptic?
    Was it very difficult??
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    edited January 2020
    Not looking forward to this exam!

I've sat my financial statements exam (which was challenging due to the sheer volume) but I enjoyed the unit

Currently studying for the budgeting exam which I'm be to sit at the beginning of Feb.. but so far it doesn't seem too bad at all

I get the impression however that the Decision & Control and synoptic exams are horrible!!!!
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • Parki82
    Which exams do you have left?
    I enjoyed the budgeting but the decision and control is huge amounts compared I thought
  • amurray
    edited January 2020
    Parki82 said:

I literally can’t remember!!!

Feels ages ago what with it being Christmas.

Having said that I found it the most challenging due to the pure volume of info required and the writing tasks.

I have financial statements and the dreaded synoptic.

So you’ve passed your synoptic?

Was it very difficult??

I know, I feel exactly the same, it does feel ages ago since sitting the exam with Christmas and New Year in the middle.

Yes, it was certainly a jam packed exam. I am glad I did the extra revision covering all areas of the syllabus though, as I felt ALOT of the various subjects cropped up!

Yes I passed the Synoptic last year, I felt it was actually an OK exam. It was good to recap on everything on the Level 4 syllabus and seeing how it all comes together. I also enjoyed the Systems/Controls area to the exam, the SWOT analysis. Although I wish I had done the old style exam of the 'report writing project' as I think I would have scored a higher mark on that, with having the time to research and not held to an exam timer counting down!

I would say have a good revision plan in place to recap on all Level 4 core units and spend a good amount of time learning the systems/control elements to include the SWOT Analysis and the writing tasks. Good luck for the Synoptic exam, and again your pending MDCL results.
  • Parki82
    Thank you!
    Fingers crossed for Monday and good luck for you for the 9th!
    So how can you have done the synoptic but not the decisions and control?
    Mind me asking what mark you got in the synoptic?
    What are you on for pass merit or distinction overall?
    It really mattered to me but now I’m just wanting a pass!!!
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    edited January 2020
    > @Parki82 said:
    > Which exams do you have left?
    > I enjoyed the budgeting but the decision and control is huge amounts compared I thought

I've only sat the financial statements exam..the results is due on 23/01

Sitting the budgeting exam on the 07/02

Remaining after the above are

Decision & Control
    Synoptic
    Business Tax
    External Auditing
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • amurray
    edited January 2020
    Parki82 said:

Thank you!

Fingers crossed for Monday and good luck for you for the 9th!

So how can you have done the synoptic but not the decisions and control?

Mind me asking what mark you got in the synoptic?

What are you on for pass merit or distinction overall?

It really mattered to me but now I’m just wanting a pass!!!

Many thanks for your best wishes! :)

I had already sat Decision & control therefore was able to sit the Synoptic. Even if you haven't passed the core units, aslong as you have attempted them you can sit the Synoptic exams.

I got 71% on the Synoptic, I didn't expect to pass as I found it quite a hard exam due to the level of content of 4 core subjects plus learning about the system/controls element of the Synoptic..... therefore I was more than happy with achieving anything 70% or over!

I will pass with a 'PASS' as my final end of level result. Which I am MORE than happy with. For me its always been aslong as you show competence of the syllabus it doesn't matter what your overall score is, this is something that I am thankful to my training provider for, they constantly remind me that AAT are not looking for you to perfect the exams. All 3, PASS/MERIT & DISTINCTION are all fantastic achievements!
  • Parki82
    edited January 2020
    > @amurray said:
    > I am also awaiting exams results (MDCL). They would have normally been due yesterday, however with the date I sat the exam and with the Christmas period, these are now due next Thursday, 9th.
    >
    > This is a resit of a resit, of a resit, times by a few more times!..... so I am really hoping I have done well enough to pass on this attempt. This is the only exam holding me back on completing my AAT studies.
    >
    > I felt quite confident in the exam (compared to the previous attempts), this was the best I have felt..... I put alot of extra hours and resources to my studies, extra materials etc. Also my score(%) has increased at every attempt, therefore I know I am heading in the right direction.
    >
    > How do you feel your exam went? - Are you awaiting to sit any other exams, where are you with your Level 4 studies?
    >
    > Good luck for your results! :)

@amurray How did you do with your results??
  • amurray
    Hi @Parki82
    Thanks for the message. I am afraid it was a "NYC".....the exact same result as last time.
    I will keep going :)

How did you do?
  • Parki82
    @amurray passed with 81%
    Started looking at financial statements.. the tutorial is massive.. not looking forward to it..

Sorry to hear.. keep pushing you’ve done the hard part!!
  • amurray
    > @Parki82 said:
    > @amurray passed with 81%
    > Started looking at financial statements.. the tutorial is massive.. not looking forward to it..
    >
    > Sorry to hear.. keep pushing you’ve done the hard part!!

Well done, thats a fantastic result! :)

I enjoyed learning Financial Statements. Just didn't like learning the IAS’s/IFRS’s.

Thanks for your kind words!
  • Mannaesi
    Mannaesi Registered Posts: 80
    @Parki82 maaan how did you get 81%,which study resource did you use?

congrats bro
  • Parki82
    @Mannaesi I just use Osborne. Have you got this exam coming up?
  • Mannaesi
    Mannaesi Registered Posts: 80
    @Parki82 yess i got the exam coming and the task 5(standard costing and variance analysis report)is giving me a hard time.....dont you have anything in pdf to share with me?
Privacy Policy