Written Questions - HELP NEEDED!!

Options
MitchRoberts98
MitchRoberts98 Registered Posts: 2
Can someone please help me?! :s

I am really struggling with the written elements of not just this exam in particular but all the written questions in Level 4... I have only passed the Budgeting exam and narrowly missed out on MDCL and FSLC by 3% and 2% respectively and the trend seems to be the written elements letting me down significantly! In each exam i have sat (4 in 2019) i didn't achieve higher than below requirement on any written elements. I just don't see what i am doing wrong, I come away from an exam thinking I think I have written enough and included the correct content but that is never the case. I would really appreciate if someone can point in me in the right direction, whether that be to some study material that helped them or if you have any tips yourself. I would really like to sort this before i have to sit the synoptic which i am ABSOLUTELY dreading due to it being so heavily revolved around written questions.

Thanks,
Mitch

Comments

• thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    See @Pian32 post on the "dreading this exam" thread
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    @MitchRoberts98 The best thing I can recommend is to open up the answers to the CBT's and the other examples provided and looking at the answers they provide as examples. I found there tended to be a common theme for each section knowing this will help structure your answer. This is roughly what I felt from the material that was on AAT student support.

For FSLC you'll want to make sure you know all the IAS and IFRS numbers to go with the definition, (this was something I stuggled with as I'm fine at remembering rules but not the number). Even if you blank on the number refer to the rules that need to be followed where you can. e.g if the question is on inventory refer to IAS2.
    You'll then need to learn your ratios and be able to use them and explain what is shown.

For MDCL on the other hand you'll still need to know your ratios (and in more depth in my opinion) but it's more about interpreting data and analysing it. Your calculation will include variances to a higher level than budgeting. The analysis here is about interpreting data, which of X or Y is the better option and why back it up with calculations even if there's not a formal space for some.

Keep in mind this isn't everything each topic and I'd recommend going through the available materials yourself as things that were more important to remember for me might not be the same for you.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • MitchRoberts98
    MitchRoberts98 Registered Posts: 2
    Options
    @Pian32 Thanks for the solid advice, I have just under a week until my MDCL exam (retake) and really appreciate your comment! That is exactly what I am struggling with on FSLC, I seem to remember snip-its of each IFRS but towards the end of revising them they started to get mixed up in my head and I had a bit of a nightmare in the exam... :s I am pretty much fine with the calcs on MDCL which helps, I think it is just the structure in which I lay my written questions out. I will definitely look into the practice exam questions and answers to see if I can pick up some tips.

Thanks again!! =)
  • BrNorton007
    BrNorton007 Registered Posts: 13
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I also ran into writing difficulties. It was difficult for me to write even an ordinary essay. So I decided to use additional help. Somehow I found a cheap assignment writing service and decided to consult on most of my assignments. I think there is nothing wrong with that. It is better to ask for help than to suffer from the fact that you cannot complete the task.
Privacy Policy