4th Attempt booked for 11 March

I've booked in for my fourth time to sit this exam - I'm ready to give up! Am struggling with motivation and really just want it all to be over but feels like I'm never going to get there! Prior to this exam I had passed every other one first time and I've been putting in lots of work so just don't know what more I need to do, though clearly I'm missing something!

Any help or recommendations or advise please?
Β«1

Comments

• Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    pebble4th said:

I've booked in for my fourth time to sit this exam - I'm ready to give up! Am struggling with motivation and really just want it all to be over but feels like I'm never going to get there! Prior to this exam I had passed every other one first time and I've been putting in lots of work so just don't know what more I need to do, though clearly I'm missing something!

Any help or recommendations or advise please?

I have messaged you :)
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi Pebble

A bit more information might be helpful.

How have you approached this exam so far? (Front to back, particular order etc)
    How have you structured your written answers generally?

Just to give an idea of what you're already doing.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • pebble4th
    pebble4th Registered Posts: 3
    Hiya

Ive been doing the questions in order and got 68%, 68% and 66% so far. I'm not getting exceeded on any - mainly borderline or below requirement or met on all of them.

I have been trying to refer back to the pre-release material every chance I can and tried to structure my answers similarly to the way the AAT answers in the mock exams.

Any help appreciated, thanks
  • Emmalouise18
    pebble4th said:

Hiya

Ive been doing the questions in order and got 68%, 68% and 66% so far. I'm not getting exceeded on any - mainly borderline or below requirement or met on all of them.

I have been trying to refer back to the pre-release material every chance I can and tried to structure my answers similarly to the way the AAT answers in the mock exams.

Any help appreciated, thanks

I have sent you all my notes :)
  • mergen
    mergen Registered Posts: 112 New contributor 🐸
    Hi @Emmalouise18 would you mind sending me your notes as well. I am sitting it for the first time in May. Many Thanks.
  • Koko
    Koko Registered Posts: 4
    mergen said:

Hi @Emmalouise18 would you mind sending me your notes as well. I am sitting it for the first time in May. Many Thanks.

Hi Emma, if possible could you please send me the notes as well. Can really use all the extra help, thanks xx
  • Fee2019
    Fee2019 Registered Posts: 25
    I don't know whether its just me that thinks this, but going through past papers ahead of the PDSY exam, not many of the 'model' answers actually refer to the pre-release material? I am confused by this as reading forums, all people who have said they have passed the exam advise on relating to the pre-material as much as possible; I just don't think the practice papers reflect this idea!
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi Pebble

Thanks for the extra information.

I don't know how you've felt for time when completing the tasks but I found doing them in the order: 1,5,3,6,4,2 worked well for me as it got the easy marks out of the way. I'll discuss the topics in that order.

Tasks 1+5: These are the computer marked questions task 1 is how things interact and finding errors and task 5 ratios. These areas are things you want to learn as you can just rattle the answers off and settle into the question.

Task 3: This is the find 5 weaknesses question. I would recommend reading it through first and note who is responisble for what and then read again and look for missing steps. e.g Is the same person handling all the invoice side with no external checks or does no one compare the purchase order and delivery.

You can probably get these 3 tasks done within an hour. This gives you 40 minutes for each of the longer form answers in Tasks 2,4+6.

Task 6: 2 large options either SWOT or CBA. I think what catches people here is not answering the question and going off on a tangent. Stick within the area stated, if it asks for a SWOT on sales procedures there's probably no point talking about communication within the purchases department. From sales to purchases yes but not any further.

Tasks 2 + 4: Here the topics are different but the general structure is the same. Task 2 is budgets and Task 4 is Decisions. There might be some calculation to do which you'll be used to but then it's the big written parts that cause trouble.

You'll generally have to analyse the supplied data, if not already in a separate table then include the sums in your calculation. Explain what you've shown and what might be better/what else to consider. Task 2 for instance might not use the best type of budget and Task 4 there might be non financial aspects to consider. This can be a great chance to reference the supplied material. In Ruby Dales for example it's been going through a large expansion so budget wise a fixed budget might not be very useful. Show why your suggestion is better/more representative.

I hope some of this helps. It looks like you're very close so you might get there just be brushing up on tasks 1,3,+5 to get them exceeding.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • Emmalouise18
    Koko said:

mergen said:

Hi Emma, if possible could you please send me the notes as well. Can really use all the extra help, thanks xx
    I have sent you them :)
  • Emmalouise18
    mergen said:

I have sent you them on message:)
  • Desi
    Desi Registered Posts: 9
    Can you please help me in task 2 and 6?I am really struggling and disappointed with this exam .I failed 4 times 55%,54,%55% and 59%??.
    Please help......
  • Emmalouise18
    Desi said:

Can you please help me in task 2 and 6?I am really struggling and disappointed with this exam .I failed 4 times 55%,54,%55% and 59%??.

Please help......

• sammyk123
    sammyk123 Registered Posts: 1
    Hi @Emmalouise18 would you mind sending me your notes as well please? I am sitting it for the first time in March. Many Thanks.
  • Emmalouise18
    sammyk123 said:

Hi @Emmalouise18 would you mind sending me your notes as well please? I am sitting it for the first time in March. Many Thanks.

Messaged you :)
  • Ishrat
    Ishrat Registered Posts: 49
    Hello @Emmalouise18 will you please send me the notes for synoptic exam?. I have to resit in 12th March, dreading already ?.
    Much appreciate your help.
    Thank you
  • Emmalouise18
    Ishrat said:

Hello @Emmalouise18 will you please send me the notes for synoptic exam?. I have to resit in 12th March, dreading already ?.

Much appreciate your help.

Thank you

• Nora20
    Nora20 Registered Posts: 1
    Hi @Emmalouise18
    Would you mind sending your notes to me too?
    I have to resit in March and would be useful to look at something new
    Thanks x
  • Ishrat
    Ishrat Registered Posts: 49
    > @Emmalouise18 said:
    > (Quote)
    > I have messaged you :)

Thank you so much ??
  • Emmalouise18
    Nora20 said:

Hi @Emmalouise18

Would you mind sending your notes to me too?

I have to resit in March and would be useful to look at something new

Thanks x

• Princess_Simon
    Princess_Simon Registered Posts: 1
    Hi @Emmalouise18 would you mind sending me your notes please? I have to resit in March and it is my 3th attempt .

Much appreciate your help

Thank you
  • accountaholics
    accountaholics Registered Posts: 10
    Never give up on it. Always remember that if you give up, the chances of you passing the exam is 0%. While if you try again then there is a chance. A percentage of something is still better than a percentage of nothing. Always remember that. Keep going.
  • Emmalouise18

Hi @Emmalouise18 would you mind sending me your notes please? I have to resit in March and it is my 3th attempt .

Thank you

• lmat
    lmat Registered Posts: 3
    I have booked my Synoptic. The third attempt! I have never failed the same exam two times in my whole life. The first attempt resulted in 61%, which was a big surprise as four out of six questions were "terra incoginta" for me. I was furious, but put all my efforts to sit it again. I could not complain about the questions asked. I was studying so hard that I never paid attention they changed the scenario! When I opened the assessment I was shocked to see Ruby Dale.I thought I would pass the exam with a good margin. I was disappointed when I got 65%. Just cannot believe it.

I have no idea how to start the revision this time. I attended all my classes in March-April-May 2019. Teaching was just to tick the box.Since June 2019 I am on my own.The feedback is not helpful if my result increased from 61% to 65%. The other exams were not a problem for me. SOS!
  • Emmalouise18
    lmat said:

I have booked my Synoptic. The third attempt! I have never failed the same exam two times in my whole life. The first attempt resulted in 61%, which was a big surprise as four out of six questions were "terra incoginta" for me. I was furious, but put all my efforts to sit it again. I could not complain about the questions asked. I was studying so hard that I never paid attention they changed the scenario! When I opened the assessment I was shocked to see Ruby Dale.I thought I would pass the exam with a good margin. I was disappointed when I got 65%. Just cannot believe it.

I have no idea how to start the revision this time. I attended all my classes in March-April-May 2019. Teaching was just to tick the box.Since June 2019 I am on my own.The feedback is not helpful if my result increased from 61% to 65%. The other exams were not a problem for me. SOS!

The scenario changes every year in September time.

I will message you :)
  • LittleBizkit
    LittleBizkit Registered Posts: 1
    Hi @Emmalouise18 would you mind sending me your notes please? :) That would be really helpful. I have to resit in March and hopefully that would be my last time.

Thank you.
  • Emmalouise18

Hi @Emmalouise18 would you mind sending me your notes please? :) That would be really helpful. I have to resit in March and hopefully that would be my last time.

Thank you.

• Agnes_05
    Agnes_05 Registered Posts: 6
    Hi @Emmalouise18
    Would you mind sending your notes to me too? I am going to do this exam for the fourth time in 11th March and I am tired of it ! My marks for the other three times were 61%, 65% and 62% :(
  • meniaduda
    meniaduda Registered Posts: 2
    Hi @Emmalouise18, could you please send me your notes as well? It will be my 3rd attempt this March and all the extra help would be much appreciate:) thanks x
  • Emmalouise18
    Agnes_05 said:

Hi @Emmalouise18
    Would you mind sending your notes to me too? I am going to do this exam for the fourth time in 11th March and I am tired of it ! My marks for the other three times were 61%, 65% and 62% :(

• Emmalouise18
    meniaduda said:

Hi @Emmalouise18, could you please send me your notes as well? It will be my 3rd attempt this March and all the extra help would be much appreciate:) thanks x

Privacy Policy