Lack of practise questions?

Hi,

I've done all my core modules and have started studying towards the synoptic, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of practise questions compared to the other modules.
I am studying with Kaplan and with the others there's been a question bank, but not with synoptic. I feel I probably only passed the other modules due to the sheer quantity of revision I did, so I'm worrying for this exam already!
I understand that literally anything can come up and a lot of it is almost common sense in how a business should be managed, but I still like to read model answers to get ideas where I may have missed out an area.
Can anyone suggest any other (free!) materials online?

Thanks,
Bex

Comments

• Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Bex_88 said:

Hi,

I've done all my core modules and have started studying towards the synoptic, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of practise questions compared to the other modules.
    I am studying with Kaplan and with the others there's been a question bank, but not with synoptic. I feel I probably only passed the other modules due to the sheer quantity of revision I did, so I'm worrying for this exam already!
    I understand that literally anything can come up and a lot of it is almost common sense in how a business should be managed, but I still like to read model answers to get ideas where I may have missed out an area.
    Can anyone suggest any other (free!) materials online?

Thanks,
    Bex

I have messaged you and sent you some documents :)
  • Bex_88
    Bex_88 Registered Posts: 10
    Hi Emma,
    Thank you for your reply!
    I can only see your message on my wall and can't see any attached documents, should it have come as a message to my inbox? Sorry, fairly new to the forum!
    Bex
  • Koko
    Koko Registered Posts: 4
    Hi Emma and Bex,
    I have my Synoptic Exam booked for 11th of March - its my second attempt!
    Do you have any extra material that can help? I sat this in 2018 and never went back into it again.
    I keep reading comments about Cost Benefit Analysis?
    Can yous help in any way at all - thanks so much :) xxx
  • Emmalouise18
    Bex_88 said:

Hi Emma,
    I can only see your message on my wall and can't see any attached documents, should it have come as a message to my inbox? Sorry, fairly new to the forum!
    Bex

If you go to the top of the page in the top right hand corner there should be a direct messaging icon. I sent you a message with attachments there :) Let me know if you dont receive it x
  • Emmalouise18
    Koko said:

Hi Emma and Bex,
    I have my Synoptic Exam booked for 11th of March - its my second attempt!
    Do you have any extra material that can help? I sat this in 2018 and never went back into it again.
    I keep reading comments about Cost Benefit Analysis?
    Can yous help in any way at all - thanks so much :) xxx

I will message you via direct message xx
  • Koko
    Thanks Emma xxx
  • Iulia
    Iulia Registered Posts: 9
    Hi Emma and Bex,
    Can you please help me with any extra material for the synoptic level 4 please?
    thanks
  • Bex_88

Bex_88 said:

Hi Emma,
    Bex

If you go to the top of the page in the top right hand corner there should be a direct messaging icon. I sent you a message with attachments there :) Let me know if you dont receive it x
    Nope! Could you resend please??

Koko - Mine is booked for the 13th so same week as you! How long have you been studying for it?
  • Fee2019
    Fee2019 Registered Posts: 25
    Hi @Bex_88

Have you sat the synoptic before? I have my first (and hopefully only) attempt on the 12th of March and its coming around so quickly. I started revising in November but only these past couple of weeks have I started revising properly; I am just worried now that I do not have enough time left to revise thoroughly. I am also going on holiday so that takes another week out of revision before the big day.

I have been constantly going over the mandatory unit’s practice papers on the AAT website, and must admit I am struggling with the PDSY practice assessments online - this seems unlike most other people as they seem to be remembering the answers. I have the Kaplan revision kit which is very helpful however, I am just not sure I have done enough work to get this exam passed.

I have been studying level 4 for 3 years now. I am self-taught and work full-time, so finding time for studying has been really difficult. I just want it all over with now!

Best of luck with your exam x
  • Emmalouise18
    Bex_88 said:

Bex_88 said:

Hi Emma,
    Bex

Koko - Mine is booked for the 13th so same week as you! How long have you been studying for it?
    I have sent it again x
  • Peters
    Peters Registered Posts: 3
    Hi both, I am also studying for the level 4 synoptics and the Decision & Control. Can you please also share with me any revision materials you may have for them. Thanks in advance
  • Bex_88
    > @Fee2019 said:
    > Hi @Bex_88
    >
    > Have you sat the synoptic before? I have my first (and hopefully only) attempt on the 12th of March and its coming around so quickly. I started revising in November but only these past couple of weeks have I started revising properly; I am just worried now that I do not have enough time left to revise thoroughly. I am also going on holiday so that takes another week out of revision before the big day.
    >
    > I have been constantly going over the mandatory unit’s practice papers on the AAT website, and must admit I am struggling with the PDSY practice assessments online - this seems unlike most other people as they seem to be remembering the answers. I have the Kaplan revision kit which is very helpful however, I am just not sure I have done enough work to get this exam passed.
    >
    > I have been studying level 4 for 3 years now. I am self-taught and work full-time, so finding time for studying has been really difficult. I just want it all over with now!
    >
    > Best of luck with your exam x

Hi Fee,

This will be my first attempt, and it’s just so different to all the other modules!! I only had my mdcl exam on 18th December so started this in January, I don’t feel it’s very long but I’m trying to find time to put the work in and I just want it done, same as you! I’m doing it as an apprenticeship so have all the coursework/epa to do after pdsy so didn’t want to push it back any more. Just hope it doesn’t come back to bite me if I fail and end up taking even longer! I know it’s not a race but I’m in my thirties so already feel a bit behind in the career stakes lol.

Part of what makes the synoptic so difficult is that in the other modules you could set an hour aside and get through like 10 questions, but I seem to only get 1-2 practise questions done for Pdsy in the same time frame.

Good luck in your exam too!
  • kryssthyna
    kryssthyna Registered Posts: 2
    Hi @Emmalouise18 , can you send me the extra material please? I am sitting my exam second time and I am really worried :(. Thank you in advance
  • Koko
    edited February 2020

Bex_88 said:

Bex_88 said:

Hi Emma,
    Bex

Hi Bex, I started in January but i'm really struggling with it all. I had sat it the year before and failed. What about you, how long have you been studying for it? What books are you using? xxx
  • Emmalouise18

Hi @Emmalouise18 , can you send me the extra material please? I am sitting my exam second time and I am really worried :(. Thank you in advance

I have messaged you this. Should be in your inbox :)
  • Emmalouise18
    Iulia said:

Hi Emma and Bex,
    Can you please help me with any extra material for the synoptic level 4 please?
    thanks

I have messaged you a load of notes - this should be in your direct message section :)
  • Emmalouise18
    Peters said:

Hi both, I am also studying for the level 4 synoptics and the Decision & Control. Can you please also share with me any revision materials you may have for them. Thanks in advance

I have messaged you a load of Synoptic notes - this should be in your direct message section. Let me know if you need decision and control help and what areas? :)
  • John_Clyne
    John_Clyne Registered Posts: 26
    Hey @Emmalouise18, while you are generously providing people with notes, can I ask you forward me the MDCL notes you have mentioned?
  • Beccagil90
    Beccagil90 Registered Posts: 4
    Hello @Emmalouise18, could I please jump on the bandwagon and request your notes? x
  • Emmalouise18

Hey @Emmalouise18, while you are generously providing people with notes, can I ask you forward me the MDCL notes you have mentioned?

I will message you :)
  • Emmalouise18

Hello @Emmalouise18, could I please jump on the bandwagon and request your notes? x

I have messaged you :)
  • Vicvic
    Vicvic Registered Posts: 8
    Hi @Emmalouise18, can you please share your notes with me.
  • Emmalouise18
    Vicvic said:

Hi @Emmalouise18, can you please share your notes with me.

• accountaholics
    accountaholics Registered Posts: 10
    All books are just the same. If you make sure that you understand what is written on it then you will be fine. Also I don't recommend sticking to study one book only. Have at least three so you have a variety of lessons that have a different point of view. Thanks
  • Agnes_05
    Agnes_05 Registered Posts: 6
    @Emmalouise18 Would you be able to send it to me the notes aswell ?
  • accountaholics
    accountaholics Registered Posts: 10
    When is your examination? if it is one week from now I suggest you do a lot of problem solving but if it is still more than 1 week then you can still catch up with the concepts on the subjects where you think you lack in.
  • Emmalouise18
    Agnes_05 said:

@Emmalouise18 Would you be able to send it to me the notes aswell ?

• Hanna22
    Hanna22 Registered Posts: 1
    Hello everyone
    Can I have access to materials also for me? I didn't pass my first exam and I'm really stressed at my second attempt because I was really prepared and I don't understand where the problem is. My next one is March 13. I will be very full for any help. please can you send to sawickahanna22@gmail.com
  • Emmalouise18
    Hanna22 said:

Hello everyone
    Can I have access to materials also for me? I didn't pass my first exam and I'm really stressed at my second attempt because I was really prepared and I don't understand where the problem is. My next one is March 13. I will be very full for any help. please can you send to sawickahanna22@gmail.com

I have emailed you :)
  • angelab
    angelab Registered Posts: 1
    Hi @Emmalouise18 would you be able to send me your notes as well please? x
Privacy Policy