MDCL results?

Bran278
Bran278 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
Anyone got their results lately? How did you do?? I'm getting mine in 6 days! It's a looong 6 week wait.....

Comments

• amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    edited March 2020
    Bran278 said:

Anyone got their results lately? How did you do?? I'm getting mine in 6 days! It's a looong 6 week wait.....

Hi Brandon,
    6 Days and counting for me also.... EARGERLY awaiting these. Excited BUT nervous too! Its seemed a very longgg way indeed.

Let me know how you get on.... Good luck buddie! :)
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • Mewmoon
    Mewmoon Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    I got my result yesterday, pleased to say I passed with 83%. However I got my results in 5 weeks.

Fingers crossed for you both.
  • Mannaesi
    Mannaesi Registered Posts: 80
    @Mewmoon congrats...........can you please share tips of getting that much
  • John_Clyne
    John_Clyne Registered Posts: 26
    @Mewmoon

Congrats on your result. I have MDCL in 6 weeks. I have just finished the material and will start 'my real' revision today.

Do you have any words of wisdom for this unit, maybe a breakdown to how you approached it. I feel like there is a lot of content to learn.
  • Mewmoon
    @Mannaesi @John_Clyne

I don’t really have any tips as such to share but I usually work on my strongest points first, and ensure I got a good understanding before moving onto the writing element (weakest area).

I use the Osbourne books and find the workbook is very useful, as it consists of three mock exams. I usually attempt the first question on mock exam 1, try and gain an understanding where I went wrong and attempt the first question but on the second mock, and again on the third mock exam. After each question I always check my answers rather than doing the whole paper in one sitting, I find it stays fresh in my mind concentrating one area at a time and figuring out where I went wrong. Once I feel fairly confident I will work on the second question for all the mock exam papers and so forth. This method works quite well for me and I use the same approach with the AAT mock exams.

I use flash cards on a keyring and take that with me everywhere. Any questions where I went wrong I would make a note of it on the flash card no matter how small, e.g. formulas or how to work out certain calculations.

The writing questions isn’t my strongest area so am not sure how to tackle those efficiently. The AAT mock exam papers are useful and I have so far found most of the questions to be very similar to the real exam.

Sorry I couldnt be more helpful.
  • John_Clyne
    John_Clyne Registered Posts: 26
    Hi @Mewmoon

Thanks for the reply, your approach is similar to mine expect for the flash cards. MDCL will be the first exam I will use flashcards for. Did you try to keep your flashcards to a minimum? I have made a note of what I plan to include on my flashcards, I would not be surprised if end up with around 50 of them.
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Bran278 said:

Whoop Whoop I passed this horrible exam, results came in Thursday just gone!!! :):)
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • Linz86
    Linz86 Registered Posts: 1
    Just got results! 88%! So chuffed with that. It was my hardest exam yet.
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Linz86 said:

Just got results! 88%! So chuffed with that. It was my hardest exam yet.

Smashed it, congrats!!
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • Mannaesi
    Mannaesi Registered Posts: 80
    @Linz86 88?????????BRUH YOU REALLY NAILED IT BIGTIME,,,,DD YOU REALLY SLEEP WHEN DOING THIS UNIT...I DOUBT
  • Mewmoon

Hi @Mewmoon

Thanks for the reply, your approach is similar to mine expect for the flash cards. MDCL will be the first exam I will use flashcards for. Did you try to keep your flashcards to a minimum? I have made a note of what I plan to include on my flashcards, I would not be surprised if end up with around 50 of them.

hey, i wouldnt worry about how many you use.. just use as many as you require. I've never had to use the full set, but I know for level 3 I did almost use 50 cards for one of the modules lol.

hope it goes well for you.
  • candybr2017
    candybr2017 Registered Posts: 2
    I got my result, 67% :'( I am looking to buy Kaplan's exam kit, any one used it before?
  • DannyBoi
    DannyBoi Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    @candybr2017 I have the Kaplan exam kit and find it very useful. There are times in the Kaplan exam kit where it's a bit too hard. To illustrate what I mean, is that on the AAT usually the question will be easier. But Kaplan will try to push the topic to its limit. What's nice about the Kaplan books is that the way the questions are presented from rank 1 to rank 10, it'll start out as an easy question. Then progressively get harder into the topic. It's a nice way of 'easing you in' to the topic. So summary is that Kaplan will usually have harder questions then the AAT side, and if you're good at that there should be no worries going into the AAT exam providing you gone through it.

I personally really liked the Kaplan exam kit as it had plenty of questions. For exam revision it was literally just the Kaplan book and past papers from AAT that's readily available. I think I did really well. As long as you go through most of the questions in the book there shouldn't be any reason for you to not get a high pass mark.

Also just as a suggestion, when you get the Kaplan exam kit, there should be a code on the front page of the book which can be scribbled out (like what you do with a lottery ticket). Which if you enter the code onto the Kaplan website will allow you to view the resources online. I personally love doing this, as I like to work through Excel when going through the questions. I find it much easier and tidier and way more organised but that's just how I do it. Nothing wrong with doing it by paper. I just prefer typing as I'm pretty fast with the computer.

• DannyBoi
    DannyBoi Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    @Bran278 Well, I just did my exam last Friday. I think it went very well. I was a bit worried at the start especially when seeing how questions were present differently. But the same data still applies regardless of how it's presented.

Also a re-assuring thing if you pass this exam, is that it's one of the hardest exams to pass for Level 4 AAT. I'm just going based on this link, I couldn't find anywhere on AAT of pass data results for Level 4.

https://www.premiertraining.co.uk/assessment-results-pass-rates/

It says that this is the most difficult exam to pass compared to worldwide stats. Then the 2nd hardest being the synoptic exam.

So even if someone doesn't pass, they should note that this is actually the hardest one out of them all. It'll get easier with each of the following units. Also it's a personal to everyone how difficult they'll find each unit, they may enjoy it more and find it easier to pass etc.

In summary, if you pass this you've gone through the hardest unit overall. Which is pretty motivating.
Privacy Policy