Retaining a previous unit's knowledge while starting a new unit

thelowendtheory18
thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I suspect many others are in the same situation but i was supposed to sit the decisions & control exam last week, but couldn't for obvious reasons

now I've moved on to one of the optional units while in the back of my mind worrying about losing part of the MDCL knowledge

Not ideal, and i feel i might be overly stretching my little brain :o

anyone else been in this position and dealt with it?
AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21

Comments

• racheltimothy27
    racheltimothy27 Registered Posts: 1
    Hiya!

I’m in the same situation, was due to take my exam for MABU but have started on MDCL to stay on track. I’ve been trying to keep going back to MABU every now and then to take quizzes/mocks so it’s still in my mind. For me I really don’t want to delay learning my next units as we don’t know long this all goes on for and I would feel a lot better knowing I’m confident in taking the exams asap when we can!

I think as long as you go back to your previous unit regularly you will be fine and hopefully will make your knowledge on that unit solid! ?

Hope this helps.
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    right i now have Decisions & Control plus External Auditing in my head and i;m ready to sit both exams

I refuse to starting preparing for either the Synoptic or Business tax exams unit i sit these the others
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • rosieobrien
    rosieobrien Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    I just thought I would share this on the forums in case anyone finds it useful
    EMA Training ( based in Derby City Centre, DE1 2PW ) are opening 6 days a week during July 2020 to support with the AAT assessment sittings, please read :

https://www.ematraining.co.uk/exam-online-booking

for more info please pm me or email/phone us via our website?
Privacy Policy