Whose receiving their results 24/04/2020?

Hey!

Who is receiving their professional synoptic results on Friday? How are you feeling?

I am so nervous. I’m usually quite confident but have no idea how to call this one!

Comments

• roylem
    roylem Registered Posts: 1
    Results are tomorrow (23rd!)
  • Kara
    Kara Registered Posts: 39
    Whoops! So whose receiving their results today?!
  • Fee2019
    Fee2019 Registered Posts: 25
    I’ve just got my results, and against all of the odds, i have passed first time!! I can’t believe it, I am so relieved and have finally completed my AAT studies!! <3

Best of luck to everyone else receiving their results today! X
  • Sineadpollard01
    Sineadpollard01 Registered Posts: 8
    I just had my results and received 68% :(
  • Lauraa
    Lauraa Registered Posts: 1
    I have passed with 74%. This was my 3rd time
  • Ishrat
    Ishrat Registered Posts: 49
    I too received results this morning and second time lucky passed with 74%. Such a relief ?
  • Ishrat
    @Sineadpollard01 such a close call, don't be demotivated. You are really close, just practice little bit more and next time you will get through. All the best.
  • Bybi13
    Bybi13 Registered Posts: 4
    I just got my results, passed with 80% first time... very happy... now the 2 optional to do once this is all over :-)
  • Sineadpollard01
    @Ishrat

This is my final exam I’ve sat it a few times I’m not sure why I can’t pass :(
  • Kara
    I passed first time with 75% and have now completed my AAT studies.

I’ve attached a screen grab to show where I messed up on two questions- the first arrow is the question that involved opportunity cost and I didn’t realise until after. The second is because I didn’t make use of SOAPSPAM buzzwords in my analysis

(If you see my other thread, I realised this in the middle of the night after the exam haha!)
  • Kara
    @Sineadpollard01 you we’re so close! Can you send us the screen grab like I attached on my last post so we can see what happened? X
  • Iulia
    Iulia Registered Posts: 9
    Hi all!
    I have received my synoptic results and fail with 65%. Do you think it worth to appeal?
    Thanks
  • Kara
    @lulia maybe if the majority of the marks are borderline rather than below/significantly below requirement?
  • Sineadpollard01
    @lulia I was considering this as it was only 2 marks and majority was borderline?

@Kara I will send you over mine
  • Iulia
    Iulia Registered Posts: 9
    I have 1 exceed, 2 meets, 2 significant bellows, and 1 borderline :(
  • Rletts
    Rletts Registered Posts: 6
    Had mine and failed with 66% it was my first attempt and knew I had failed when I came out of the exam so not surprised at all ah well more time to study for the resit whenever that may be!
  • aroonaz
    aroonaz Registered Posts: 51
    this was my 5th attempt and passed with 81% .
  • Bex_88
    Bex_88 Registered Posts: 10
    Passed with 84%, really chuffed because I ran out of time in the exam so was super nervous about checking results today!
  • fedemenni
    fedemenni Registered Posts: 93
    got my result today I have passed 74% first time around! so happy! finished my level 4 finally
  • fedemenni
    fedemenni Registered Posts: 93
    Iulia said:

Hi all!
    I have received my synoptic results and fail with 65%. Do you think it worth to appeal?
    Thanks

never worth to appeal unfortunately, I did appeal with a 68% twice for 2 different modules and you will waste your money unfortunately. The exams are checked already by 2 people I think
  • abbi_24
    abbi_24 Registered Posts: 4
    I have applied twice for 69% on other modules and received the same disappointing news. I have complained about the AAT to offqual, the AATs accounting board as it’s unethical to Mark students down by 1% and I know most universities aren’t allowed to fail by 1%.
    I received my results today and I have finally passed, Luckily it was my last exam.
    Good luck on your next attempt.
  • Dsynoptic
    Dsynoptic Registered Posts: 7
    edited April 2020
    Hi. However passed on 2nd, 3rd... attempt, what have you changed in the way of answering questions? It was my 3rd (failed 67%) attempt and still have really low marks on all questions. Especially, I am really surprise about question 3 as I feel that I answer in the same way as practice exams are. Also, everybody says that to pass the exam I should include pre-leased material , but how - it is very difficult to include something- any advice?
  • Ishrat
    Hello @Dsynoptic, I just scrapped through with the second attempt to 74%. First, I noticed half of the exam paper was same as first time around even the additional information in the questions. Somewhere I was kicking myself in exam, because I thought I definitely wouldn't get similar stuff and didn't do much revision on that. So I could recap my answer from first time around, but sat there in exam thinking what I can do better and write different then first time around? However I wasn't panic as I was first time around, managing time is the key .

I agree with you referring back to pre release, it's very difficult. In my both attempt I didn't made much reference, I just felt the pre release and actual connection with the question is very hard. I mainly used additional information provided in the scenario.

One thing I noticed in my both attempts, the second budgeting question to keep last and only attempt to do if you have time. Because no matter what you say, it will not be enough for the examiner. I thought I did really well second time, used some where pre release (probably the only question I reffered back to pre release the most). Used terminology, explained in details and made point etc etc. But still got below requirement. I feel this question is total waste of time. Definitely in my case, budgeting is my favourite topic so I still get shocked how I do bad in this.

With the third question, you have to ensure you not repeating yourself with the weakness or the explanation. I did well on this. What I did second time different, I wrote all the main weakness and one by one started explaining. Also you should back up your explanation by referring back to scenario. I used SOAPSPAM. It helps with the explanation.
    There are two videos on AAT for synoptic level 4 (, budgeting / weakness/ SWOT /CBA) it should help you.
    Also practice exam papers.
    All the best for next time,
  • aroonaz
    aroonaz Registered Posts: 51
    @Ishrat i have not mentioned back to pre release statment but managed to pass with 81%. before i used to do it but have not get through it but on this attempt i have not had any time to link back and i was worried about the results that i have not linked back but luckily i passed.
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Re budgeting please see our episode of AAT Xtra for addition revision support.
  • Ducky96
    Ducky96 Registered Posts: 10
    Congrats @ishrat @Kara @Fee2019, I got 73%, and finally completed my AAT now :)
  • isephiri
    isephiri Registered Posts: 6
    > @Kara said:
    > Hey!
    >
    > Who is receiving their professional synoptic results on Friday? How are you feeling?
    >
    > I am so nervous. I’m usually quite confident but have no idea how to call this one!

Good day
    I just got my result for synoptic level 4 and I got 58%. I started Aat since 2008 and this is my eleven times failing synoptic.
    I need your assistance in regards to Task 3..'' one of the most easiest of all ''. But seems a nightmare to me. I know about SPAMSOAP as useful mnemonic to remember. However, I have difficulty with Fraud analysis and risks.. I am afraid to restart again AQ2021 since I am victim of all standards changes. From Aq2009 to Aq2016 ijooh!
    Please help me with that task 3 internal control
  • Ducky96
    Ducky96 Registered Posts: 10
    @isephiri

For Task 3 with regards to the Fraud Analysis, this will usually be in regards to the company dealing in cash, and how someone working for the company would be able to get away with possibly taking money without being noticed as certain checks are not being carried out, or the same person is carrying out all the money taking roles (No Segregation of Duties).

As AAT say, look at the Scenario as though you are running the company, and how people may be able to defraud the company because certain checks and controls are not put in place.
  • Kara
    @isephiri when the standards change do you need to start all exams for that level again?
  • isephiri
    isephiri Registered Posts: 6
    Yes! Comrade.. Starting from scratch and it's a challenge because some of the modules will be changing as well.. Self sponsorship and Distance learner with no tutor around where I am placed. Image how much I have expend so far, more so I have to resist every module for at least 5times to be competent. It's painful I know the situation like I said since 2009.
Privacy Policy