Dilemma - Do i go for the August remote sitting of the PDSY exam?

thelowendtheory18
thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Due to the virus and IMO AAT's poor response to it I've got a difficult decision to make regarding the next exam i take at level 4

I've passed Financial Statements & Budgeting exams

I've studied but been unable to sit Decision & Control + External Auditing... I've not starting studying Business tax.

The latest AAT communication confirmed only the synoptic was available to sit remotely in August :/ this means it could be until September that the other exams at level 4 will be able to sit remotely,..

SO even though I've not sat the Decision & control exam yet do i take a punt and go for the Synoptic in August??

I really need to complete my AAT ASAP but i really dont want to rush through it and fail an exam

AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21

Comments

• fedemenni
    fedemenni Registered Posts: 93
    Hello there,

Based on my experience I don’t think you are allowed to sit PDSY until you have sat all the 3 mandatory units (FSLC, MABU and MDCL) but double check with your provider.

PDSY is a mix of all the 3 mandatory units plus system controls so it would make sense the above.
  • thelowendtheory18
    Understood, I've learned the content of Decision & control.. my exam was booked at the end of March... but the exam was cancelled due to the virus... so frustrating!!!!

I'll ring Kaplan up... or other exam providers to confirm
    AAT

• Harry_1998
    Harry_1998 Registered Posts: 23
    Can anyone give me some advice on what topics to focus on for Professional synoptic exam.

• Jpearce
    Jpearce Registered Posts: 6
    Hi Thelowend, unfortunately you haven't got a decision to make. You cannot sit PDSY without first having attempted FSLC, MABU and MDCL.

Keep studying MDCL, I'm hoping centres will be allowed to reopen in June ?
  • thelowendtheory18
    Jpearce said:

Hi Thelowend, unfortunately you haven't got a decision to make. You cannot sit PDSY without first having attempted FSLC, MABU and MDCL.

Keep studying MDCL, I'm hoping centres will be allowed to reopen in June ?

Ive just had this confirmed by Kaplan..... such a pain!!!!!!!
    AAT

• thelowendtheory18
    Kaplan exam centres have cancelled all exams up to the end of June.... if i had to guess, i dont believe exams centres will be reopened until September....
    AAT

• isephiri
    isephiri Registered Posts: 6
    Why can't you calculate results for other synoptic assignments.? We are all affected by the Corona virus pandemic.
  • rosieobrien
    rosieobrien Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    I just thought I would share this on the forums in case anyone finds it useful
    EMA Training ( based in Derby City Centre, DE1 2PW ) are opening 6 days a week during July 2020 to support with the AAT assessment sittings, please read :

https://www.ematraining.co.uk/exam-online-booking

for more info please pm me or email/phone us via our website?
  • Sadz
    Sadz Registered Posts: 8
    Just stumbled across this post and *sigh*

I sat my Budgeting (passed) and Financial statements (waiting on results) exams. I had MDCL booked for March, which got cancelled a few days before. Booked it again for September and it got cancelled 2 weeks before due to overbooking! Decided to give PDSY a shot instead (booked for December) since I've studied the material for MDCL, only to now learn it may not be possible :/

Privacy Policy