Question about Synoptic Releasing Material Change

Hi

I've passed level 4 synoptic and only got the 2 optional modules left. Just wondering if we still can't take the exam until the releasing material changes, do I have to retake the synoptic exam again in order to finish level 4?

Many thanks and looking forward replies.

Comments

• matthew14
    matthew14 Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Hi @lydia8283 no once you have passed the synoptic you don't have to take it again even if the pre release changes
  • Harry_1998
    Harry_1998 Registered Posts: 23
    Hi , i am looking to take the Synoptic module soon. Are there are any key topics which you suggest that i should focus on.
  • matthew14
    matthew14 Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Hi @Harry_1998 I would suggest going over knowing your ratios inside out and knowing your weaknesses or fraud opportunities too as this can then be potentially a pretty easy 32-35 marks straight up.
    Then budget types/advantages etc and making sure you know what is required in SWOT and CBA and the formats, Also the exam may well throw up some unusual wording so take the time to read thoroughly through each question and know what it wants as an answer.
    Then try and link in pre release as much as possible even if just a sentence or two that you repeat in a number of questions as this shows a more rounded answer.
  • Harry_1998
    Have you got any notes regards budget types / advantages. Would this be for MA : Budgeting.
    I.e rolling budgets , Top Down budgets etc etc
  • Harry_1998
    Has anybody got any notes on Ruby dale
  • Bretton88
    Bretton88 Registered Posts: 23
    My result is being calculated for my synoptic assessment level 2.
    Results:
    Bookkeeping transactions 70%
    Bookkeeping controls 87%
    Costing 89%
    Accounting software 98%
    Would the calculated result be a pass?
  • DampSquib
    DampSquib Registered Posts: 4
    Bretton88 said:

My result is being calculated for my synoptic assessment level 2.
    Results:
    Bookkeeping transactions 70%
    Bookkeeping controls 87%
    Costing 89%
    Accounting software 98%
    Would the calculated result be a pass?

If you have passed all the individual exams - Yes, your total mark will be a pass.

Looks like you will likely pass with a distinction or merit dependent on your Synoptic mark.
    Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - April 2019
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - November 2019
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - July 2020
Privacy Policy