Units required before sitting L4 PDSY Synoptic

KarenM
KarenM Registered Posts: 5
** edit - just realised I posted this in advanced rather than pro forum and cant seem to deleted it so will replicate post in the right place - sorry !)

Afternoon everyone ,

I am self studying the AAT Professional Diploma and trying to plan out my exam and revision schedule ( have completed the main books but leaving the exam kits until revision time ) after looking at the provisional new synoptic assessment windows .Could anyone confirm whether I am on the correct track thinking that I need to attempt the first three unit exams ( FSLC , MABU and MADC) before booking and sitting the synoptic PDSY

If I didnt pass one of these units and needed to resit then can I still book in a synoptic in Sept or October session and come back to the resit or do I need to pass all three before booking synoptic

Also I plan to do the two optional exams after the synoptic , thats okay isnt it ?

Thanks in advance

Karen

Comments

• Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    KarenM said:

** edit - just realised I posted this in advanced rather than pro forum and cant seem to deleted it so will replicate post in the right place - sorry !)

Afternoon everyone ,

I am self studying the AAT Professional Diploma and trying to plan out my exam and revision schedule ( have completed the main books but leaving the exam kits until revision time ) after looking at the provisional new synoptic assessment windows .Could anyone confirm whether I am on the correct track thinking that I need to attempt the first three unit exams ( FSLC , MABU and MADC) before booking and sitting the synoptic PDSY

If I didnt pass one of these units and needed to resit then can I still book in a synoptic in Sept or October session and come back to the resit or do I need to pass all three before booking synoptic

Also I plan to do the two optional exams after the synoptic , thats okay isnt it ?

Thanks in advance

Karen

Hello,

I sat Budgeting, Financial Statements, Decision and Control and Auditing before sitting the Synoptic.

The synoptic is heavily based on Budgeting/Financial Statements and Decision and control therefore without passing these 3 units first, the Synoptic will seem extremely difficult.

Also, Auditing is a life saver and really really helps with the synoptic. There is a huge amount of cross over between both exams. I sat Auditing just before my second attempt at synoptic and passed Auditing in September 2019 and Synoptic in October 2019.

If you don't pass any of Budgeting, Financial Statements or Decision and Control then I strongly suggest you focus on resitting these until you do pass, then move onto the Synoptic.

Thank you x
  • KarenM
    KarenM Registered Posts: 5
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Emma , I have chosen Personal Tax and Business Tax as my two options rather than auditing so havent studied that at all and wont be - eek

Saying that then I have studied the first three and the synoptic and didnt find any too hairy although financial statements was the trickiest by far . Due to the limited windows for the synoptic and the long result wait then I just was trying to check if passing all three was a necessity or just sitting was ( hoping to pass all three but if theres an on day disaster then wondered if I would need to delay synoptic )
Privacy Policy