Home For AAT student members AQ 2016 Advanced Diploma in Accounting Synoptic Assessment - Advanced
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Practice assessments gone?

Hi guys

Am I losing my mind or are the practice assessments gone from AAT website? I wanted to do them today and tomorrow as my assessment is on Wednesday, but can't find them.

I can't even begin with how stress I am (this will be my third attempt, but this is another story).

They were quite important as they are slightly different to Osborne assessments and it really is import to have a go at them (trust me I sadly know).

Sorry for ranting.
B

Comments

• chewyshaunchewyshaun Registered Posts: 7
    When you login to My AAT, click on the 'lifelong learning portal' link, you can then select Advanced Diploma Synoptic Assessment, then click 'Practice assessments'. I found that after clicking through tasks 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 you can continue through to the spreadsheet tasks and download the excel files from there.
  • beatamus55beatamus55 Registered Posts: 8
    Thank you chewyshaun, managed to find it.

Fingers crossed :)
    BBarrett
  • BBarrettBBarrett Registered Posts: 4
    Hi Beatamus did you pass the exam? As i am on my 3rd attempts with 2 at L2 I got BKCTL 68% and ELC 64% in early September but i have had so many domestic issues its unreal. i couldnt believe it as i worked really hard but have to go back again and do them . I got everything else its just these 2 .
  • beatamus55beatamus55 Registered Posts: 8
    Hi BBarrett

Thank you so much for asking.

I was doing accounting level 3 to have AATQB, but then I realised that I could switch to bookkeeping course (had to pay £34.00 I think, simple process, very helpful AAT). And now I have finished Level 3 bookkeeping and have AATQB status, so I kinda met myself in the middle, as I was close to quitting.

My problem is mainly this is not what I really want to do - I wanted to be a translator, so it is really different area and I think I lacked motivation.

Also there is a lot of material to take in, so we really need to spend a lot of time revising to be able to pass the assessments, so I understand your frustration. I was really fed up with spending all my free time revising and then failing again. Also some assessments will be better for you and some will be harder, so a little luck is also involved in the process.

I was also rushing things to finish this quickly, but now as I am resting I thought maybe it's a good idea to give yourself a little break (not too long, just spend 3-4 weeks without revising and booking assessments, just do nothing challenging, read, exercise, watch films, whatever you love in excess and you will actually maybe even start to miss revising :)

I am really sorry to hear about your problems, I hope your domestic situation will get better soon. It is very challenging to study in these conditions, but it also sometimes takes your mind away from everyday problems.

Wish you all the best, please keep us updated!