Practice paper 1 question 6

MOSB
MOSB Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

I know this has come up before on here but it's still not making sense to me!

I assume we have to rearrange the equations to find but I'm really struggling with it. Somebody has done an example on another thread on how to get the sales volume but it STILL makes no sense to me :s feel like an idiot. that equation doesn't seem familiar.

the only one that seems relevant to me is

Inventory holding period = inventory/cos x365

so...

45= 225,000/cos x365 ??

Then how do I rearrange it to get COS? My memory on rearranging equation is pretty sketchy..

This is clearly a hard question and if you can't get the 1st bits then you lose marks on the entire question 6 as a, b, and c are all from it.

Some friendly pointers would be appreciated. NONE of my past papers feature a similar question. :s

Thanks

Comments

• PeterC
    PeterC Registered, Tutor Posts: 245 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You are quite right about rearranging equations

It is often a good idea to multiply everything by whatever is the denominator (the number below the line in a fraction)

See the attachment

• PeterC
    You are quite right about rearranging equations

It is often a good idea to multiply everything by whatever is the denominator (the number below the line in a fraction)

• MOSB
    Thankyou peter, that's a huge help :)
  • PeterC
    That's good to know. Thanks for the feedback.
  • MOSB
    it'd be a real shame to learn all the subject matter in this hellish exam and mess it all up by not remembering how to do basic stuff like rearrange equations..... :#:p

Privacy Policy