Book keeping

PhilJRoo76
PhilJRoo76 Registered Posts: 30 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi everyone,

Are there two assessments for Level 3 bookkeeping? I'm not booking anything just yet, I was being curious early and noticed I could choose either Level 3 or Synoptics? What's the difference?

Comments

• LeapyUK
    LeapyUK Registered Posts: 34
    The synoptic is the final exam of that Level which tests your knowledge from what you have learned in the Level 3 units in the form of excel spreadsheets along with Ethics.

Do your first 4 units before attempting the synoptic.

Advanced Bookkeeping
    Final Accounts Preparation
    Indirect Tax
    Management Accounting: Costing
    Synoptic

The above would be a good order to study Level 3 at.

Good luck.
  • PhilJRoo76
    OK,

Thanks for that. I assume once I get through all that and then pass the Synoptic, I can apply for the AATQB membership.
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Phil.

I think it's important to clarify if you're asking about just the bookeeping level then you won't have the Costing module to do.

https://www.aat.org.uk/find-a-course/aat-bookkeeping-and-computerised-accounting-courses/advanced-certificate-in-bookkeeping

I'm not sure how the exams actually break down due to having done the accounting levels.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • PhilJRoo76
    Hi,

It was just the bookkeeping level.
  • LeapyUK
    LeapyUK Registered Posts: 34
    Hi Phil,

Apologies, I have also gone by the Accounting Levels as I did those too so follow Pian32's advice there.

Good luck.
  • Rishiroy
    Rishiroy Registered Posts: 2
    Synoptics is the final exam. It tests the knowledge that you have learned in all of your units. Therefore, Synoptics will include units that you have already sat for. You will have to clear all of your units in Level 3 to be able to give Synoptics. Take it as the final verdict of all your accumulated knowledge.

I work at Business Guru today, having cleared all my exams. All I can say is good luck buddy!
  • PhilJRoo76
    Thanks. Good luck with Business Guru.
Privacy Policy