One technical question of Spreadsheet

For Spreadsheet, i am confused. Why is there usually with symbol"+" in front of the formulas?
Is it compulsory? If not, does it mean wrong answer?
I do not understand, can somebody explain it? I put one example below and circle the technical part.
Thank you very much.

Comments

• Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You shouldn't lose marks for not including the +. It's just using a formal notation for the default setting.

If I write the number 10, we naturally assume that it's +10 and not -10 as that's the default we use the computer is just displaying it on the equations.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • Alsa
    Alsa Registered Posts: 43
    Oh, it will spare, and glad to hear it.
    For the + symbol. Do you mean that it is setted default in that excel for output the answer.
    If i do not set it, then use the excel in the computer, so there is not + symbol output.
  • Alsa
    edited January 2021
    Pian32 said:

You shouldn't lose marks for not including the +. It's just using a formal notation for the default setting.

If I write the number 10, we naturally assume that it's +10 and not -10 as that's the default we use the computer is just displaying it on the equations.

I find the quote button here :3
    Oh, it will spare time, and i am glad to hear it.
    For the + symbol. Do you mean that it is setted default in that excel for output the answer.
    If i do not set it, then use the excel in the computer, so there is not + symbol output.
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You do not need to worry about the +

The number 10 on it's own is the same as writing +10 I'm not sure what setting would cause it to do that but that's all it is and you should not lose marks for having it appear in the exam.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • Alsa
    Pian32 said:

You do not need to worry about the +

The number 10 on it's own is the same as writing +10 I'm not sure what setting would cause it to do that but that's all it is and you should not lose marks for having it appear in the exam.

Ok, see.
    Thank you for your answer.
Privacy Policy