Distance learning or Online learning?

Andy8883
Andy8883 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Hi all,

I am currently looking to go further in my path to level 3 and 4 and finishing the current level 2 in the local college.
I am looking for an affordable and realistic way to going through of this and I have the venue:

- Osborne Training which offer distance and online learning in one solution the said that the whole course Lvl 3 and 4 will be complete in approximately 6-7 months.

- McArthur Morgan offer distance and online "on demand as well I suppose each level for 12 month each it does not say in the website.

- Eagle Education it is totally education online on demand pay as you go monthly with no contract.

Please any advice or experience will be highly appreciate.

Thank you all in advance.
Andy

Comments

• Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Andy

You'll need to pick the option that suits you best.

Are you in work at the moment/planning to be while studying and if so how much?

If yes then I'd probably suggest the slower option (though with on demand you can ultimately go as fast as you want)

If no then you shold have plenty of time for the osborne training option.

To give you an idea:

I did my learning through accountancy learning which is all online and book study and you can choose if you want a tutor or not. On level 4 I was working full time and had a tutor (who mostly just marked exams for me huge help for written sections) and finished in about 6 months.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I study on line (on demand) with text books.... suits me perfectly as I work full time..... i need the visuals to assist with my learning.... If I just had text books I reckon I would struggle
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • timsmith86
    timsmith86 Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Just started level 4 with Accountancy Learning Ltd, competitively priced, Osborne Books supplied as well as online content and tutor, very good customer service
  • livintiv
    livintiv Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    I am subscribed to Eagle and love the flexibility, but a few study buddies are with Accountancy Learning and they recommend it too.
    MAAT - April 2022
    Currently working through ACCA
  • livintiv
    livintiv Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Pian32 said:

On level 4 I was working full time and had a tutor (who mostly just marked exams for me huge help for written sections) and finished in about 6 months.

:o What an example! Consider the gauntlet thrown!
    MAAT - April 2022
    Currently working through ACCA
  • Andy8883
    Andy8883 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Thank you everyone for sharing the experience.
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    @livintiv

It was fairly constant but with AAT possible as you can take the exam as soon as you're ready. Also got lucky with the synoptic timing lining up with my schedule otherwise would have been an extra 2 months.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22