Level 4 can be started before finishing level 3 synoptic

Hi friends, I would like to have some suggestions on AAT level 3 synoptic exam.
I have passed level 3 exams by self study but I'm bit struggling with Synoptic one.Is it possible to start level 4 before finishing Level 3 synoptic? My plan is to finish 3 papers of level 4 and then go for synoptic Levels.Can this be allowed?

Comments

• Chanaat
    Chanaat Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Tejaswini,

Congrats for passing all your exam. Wish you will synoptic too. I think the AAT student advisor can answer your question correctly. Please call the enquiry number and talk to them. Best wishes.
    Chan
  • Pramila
    Pramila Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Tejaswini,

I am also self studying and struggling to book level 3 synoptic assessment as no availability until May. I am thinking of starting level 4 to save some time before I complete level 3. Please let me know if you get any information about your query.
  • Chanaat
    Hi Tejaswini and Pramila,

Wishing you both good luck to pass your synoptic assessment in level 3. Can you share how to prepare for synoptic assessment. Which books/source you recommend to practice synoptic? I have passed adv bookkeeping and FA preparations. I have sufficient time to prepare for synoptic. TIA, Chan
  • Pramila
    Pramila Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Chan,
    Congratulations on passing two modules of level 3. I have my synoptic assessment on 22nd this month. I will only go through Osborne tutorials and workbook and take practice assessment available on myaat. I also asked my assessment centre about the Excel version they will provide us so i can practice that version to avoid any chaos during the assessment. I wish you all the best for your assessments.
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi all.

I noticed the original query was never answered (at least in the thread). You can start level 4 before finishing level 3 though depending on what you've not completed it may make things harder because level 4 will assume the knowledge in level 3.

@Chanaat - The level 3 synoptic includes all the modules completed at that level apart from the Indirect Tax. You'll want to have completed all the other modules first for that reason. As well as that there are 2 synoptic only sections covering ethics and spreadsheets you will need to make sure you have time to cover these as they will be a larger part of the synoptic module.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • Chanaat
    Thank you Pramila. Wishing you all the best to complete l3 and l4.

@Pian32, Thank you for the suggestions. if you don't mind, Can I ask which formulas/ functions we need to be proficient in MS Excel for the Synoptic L3 assessment.

Thank You,
    Chan
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    From the practice assessments (and from general excel knowledge) you will probably be familiar with IF, SUM and other more common functions. I would focus on the ones in the books that you are less likely to have used. For example I hadn't used the LOOKUP functions until I did this module I'd also make sure you are comfortable with the different charts and tables as these are less common when only using excel casually.

I'd also make sure you're familiar with the hotbars just because it'll save time in the exam.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22