Exam taken 05 Feb 2021

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone took their synoptic this week and how they found it? I took mine today and honestly have no idea how it went :/

Was just wondering for any opinions on how people thought it went for them and if you finished all the spreadsheets tasks?

Comments

• livintiv
    livintiv Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    edited February 2021
    I did mine on Thursday!

I also have no idea how I did. I do know that I was woefully late starting with preparation and revision (what - you mean you had the audacity to completely switch off during Christmas?!), and given that, it could have been much worse in terms of the gaps.

The spreadsheet section I found quite enjoyable, but then I always like tinkering around with Excel. I didn't manage to get Task 2.2 right (we're not allowed to say what was in it ;) and you probably had a different question anyway ), but there we go.

I've decided to consciously not worry about it unless I have to (I'll find out on 18th March, ho hum), and in the meantime am studying for the Personal Tax optional. LIFE GOES ON AHAHAHAHA!
    MAAT - April 2022
    Currently working through ACCA
  • beckybroatch
    beckybroatch Registered Posts: 11
    Yay March 18th :)

I'm also moving onto the Tax unit next and after that we are done! Well with level 3 anyway if all goes well :+1:

Haha yes i did the same - i've powered through the other units and then took a gap at Christmas and decided to book my exam to make me ready for it, instead of booking it when i was ready haha but it gave me the motivation to study over the past few weeks.

When i started i was like oh no i'm going to fail but i think it was just the initial panic when you get things you don't expect. I don't know if we had the same questions either but in 1.3 i floundered for quite a while but i finally managed to rack my brain and come up with the answers hehe. I actually thought the spreadsheets was ok too - i managed to finish and go back through and fix some boo boos i had made so fingers crossed. I tried to count up all my marks but i had an extreme low from 65 to a high of 90 hahahaha! so you're right, it's done and best not to worry. I'll be sure to update you when i get my results - let me know how it goes for you. Good luck :)
  • law1994
    law1994 Registered Posts: 13
    Hi Both,

Never actually commented before, but as I had my synoptic on the 2nd of this same week I thought i would put my part in.

I am also unsure despite nice passes since level 2 so I am stressing because the 1 exam I am unsure of is the one with the 6 week wait lol!

However, I found the whole exam easier than the other units but, I agree on the last task 1.3 it almost blanked my mind on 1 of the tasks and I have to agree with livintiv, task 2.2 had 1 particular question I know I got wrong due to not seeing 1 type of thing before. 2.2 annoyed me because its such a straight forward question, until they drop an extra bit in there.

I felt like I must have done enough to pass, but as the time has pressed on I have over thought it and convinced myself I have failed lol!

I assume yourselves are going onto ACCA after your level 4 as dping Ptax? I have started credit management anyway as hopeing to do CIMA as I am in industry already. Wasnt sure on the CDMT as the chapters didnt look very appealing but after some research there is a lot of relevant bits for myself, and I love analysis of accounts in work, so the ratios needed came as a nice suprise in CDMT!

Fingers crossed for you guys! ?
  • livintiv
    Oh, post-AAT is like a whole bag of ihavenoidea right now!

I know what you mean about the flip-flopping on thinking how we've done. It's not the healthiest of post-exam behaviours, which is partly why I've just decided to get on with PLTX ? I'm not going to mope away 6 weeks of my life! If I have to retake then I'll think about that in March, not now.

I have to confess, I did like the look of CDMT.... ?
    MAAT - April 2022
  • law1994
    It really isnt healthy, and I agree with focusing on the next level. I have just kept up some maintance revision for the synoptic as in all fair I could fail on an area I felt strong on. Yes 6 weeks is pretty much being through your next unit really, so it is vital time.

I done Ptax with ICB (cpd course) which is the same meterial as the actual course, and there are 6 assignments thats you must pass. Reason being I didnt want to miss the oppertunity to learn ptax atleast.

Personally I have really enjoyed the CDMT meterial, but the contract law bits are very dry ?! I beleive CDMT helps in the limited companies unit i read somewhere ??
  • livintiv
    edited February 2021
    I am loving PLTX so far (I work in industry so I don't deal with this at work - it's just fascinating to me), but I'm starting to become a bit sceptical of the BPP books I absolutely loved for Level 2 and most of Level 3....can I ask what materials you're using, @law1994?

(One of my problems is that I find quite a few of the Level 4 optional quite interesting...weird brain)
    MAAT - April 2022
  • law1994
    It is really interesting, especially where it relates to PAYE and self employed which we must all know! I use Kaplan, and have since the beggining of level 2 as a self studier and it has got me this far. Although, there have been a few errors in their exam questions books. What is making you skeptical with the BPP as i almost went to these @livintiv ?

I feel the same, im doing CDMT and then cash management as it relates to me, but I really want to read up audit as well as curious with this one.
  • livintiv
    @beckybroatch @law1994

Just to share the horrific realisation I had this morning that our synoptic results come out this coming Thursday.

I really don't think I want to know! :#
    MAAT - April 2022
  • law1994
    @beckybroatch @livintiv

I feel exactly the same! As much as I want to know, in a way I would rather feel hopefull waiting lol!! Time has gone by very quickly!
  • beckybroatch
    @livintiv @law1994 only 2 more days to go! Wishing you all the best and hope we all get the results we are wishing for ???
  • law1994
    @livintiv @beckybroatch

I know ?!! Indeed, I hope we all do, especially where we have all started our level 4 unit lol!

Either of you two aware of what time results come out or could it be at any point?
  • livintiv
    law1994 said:

@livintiv @beckybroatch

I know ?!! Indeed, I hope we all do, especially where we have all started our level 4 unit lol!

Either of you two aware of what time results come out or could it be at any point?

I think it could be any time between 10am and 5pm. Thursday is going to be a bit of a mare of a day at work too, so I might just not look until I've finished for the day - if it's bad news, it'll have a limited effect on work, and if it's good news, it'll brighten up the day! =)
    MAAT - April 2022
  • beckybroatch
    @livintiv @law1994 yeah I took my indirect tax exam a few weeks ago and usually my results are online within 5 minutes of me coming out of the exam but it took 6 hours for them to be updated. I contacted aat and she said they were very busy, so I might try to not look until the afternoon ?
  • law1994
    @livintiv @beckybroatch

Agreed, I think I shall look at the end of the day also!

Do they still email that email that has the subject as "Congratulations"? Lol just i may have to also turn my email notifications off incase i get a results available but not the congratulations one ??!

How did you find the indirect tax one, im glad i done that pre VAT overseas changing as I would have felt like that was alot of learning for nothing lol!
  • beckybroatch
    Omg yes me too - so I’m silly and I didn’t realize that there was reference material in the exam until I sat the mock assessments, so I’d learnt it all prior but in the end it actually made the exam much easier so I was happy about that!

Yes I remember getting an email for my level 2 I don’t remember if it said congratulations though so yes let’s turn off email notifications and try to hold off checking.........impossible. I know I will be refreshing the page all day haha!
  • law1994
    I actually saw some one mention on here that it was easier to learn it than reference it so I did that as well!

Haha nope, I know I shall not be turning notifications off!! What is the bet that one of us receives the results before the rest of us lol!
  • livintiv
    Guys if we're like this the day before results what are we all going to be like tomorrow! :s:'(=)

( @AAT_Team we need some emojis and stuff up in here! Please?! <3 )
    MAAT - April 2022
  • law1994
    I cant see me even sleeping well tonight, im someone who like asnwers immediately whether good or bad, let alone in this situation ?!

I just cant wait until i know the result, good or bad! I must admit my confidence in whether I have passed is an all time low and I have never been concerned about failing before.. appologies for a bit of negativity there lol!

@beckybroatch @livintiv
  • livintiv
    law1994 said:

I must admit my confidence in whether I have passed is an all time low and I have never been concerned about failing before.. appologies for a bit of negativity there lol!

Thank goodness I'm not the only one!!! I try and ignore the negativity as much as possible, but sometimes I've got to just look it in the eye, name it, and then give it a solid kick in the backside....

@law1994 @beckybroatch
    MAAT - April 2022
  • livintiv
    TheFinalCountdown.jpg
    MAAT - April 2022
  • beckybroatch
    ......?????? sending all my positive vibes to you both ❤️
  • law1994
    Best of luck to both of you!! Hopefully we get a full house ??
  • beckybroatch
    @law1994 @livintiv my results are up! 82%. Phew! Let me know if yours are there. I didn’t get an email, I just checked to see
  • law1994
    edited March 2021
    Just checked and I passed also ? the anxiousness that just fell off my back lol!! And well done @beckybroatch ?
  • beckybroatch
    Yay! Congratulations @law1994. Only @livintiv to go now ??
  • livintiv
    edited March 2021
    @law1994 @beckybroatch

Congratulations both! I have good news too!

I promised myself I wouldn't look, but then I saw how you guys had been brave....and then I disrupted the meeting I'm in right now when I saw my 90% result!

Stuff the low carb diet, I'm having ice cream tonight!
    MAAT - April 2022
  • law1994
    Whoop full house!!! @beckybroatch @livintiv ??
  • beckybroatch
    @livintiv yes!!!!! Amazing result well done you. Seems celebration is in order! Full house. Well done us ??? @law1994
  • livintiv
    @beckybroatch @law1994 bravo to all of us!

Have you both then also finished Level 3, having done Indirect Tax? (I did IDRX last August, before Advanced Bookkeeping) A few hours after my result came through, my Statement of Achievement was also updated and it feels pretty real now that I've completed the diploma.

I couldn't find any ice cream tonight (Tesco, you have let me down), but cheesecake is an excellent alternative ?? ?
    MAAT - April 2022
  • law1994
    @livintiv @beckybroatch
    Sorry been super busy!
    So pleased we all passed I have generally told people all 3 of us passed like we are class mate lol!

How are you guys finding your Ptax? (I believe you are both doing that unit).
    I have just finished the CDMT book and through the majority of the questions book (still to master them).

I must admit I am really enjoying the level 4 meterial, seems so much more interesting (especially after ethics in which i am sure we all agree ?). The contract laws, insolvency and court procedures are pretty dry though I must admit and the written parts for the account analysis is long winded.

I bet the Ptax books are twice the size of CDMT ??
Privacy Policy