UK Company owning Spanish Property

Shanie
Shanie Registered Posts: 4
Hello,

I have a client who has set up a UK Company and purchased a property in Spain for €80k for personal use and rental income. I have advised the client they need to register with the Spanish authorities and make declarations there. I will be preparing the UK company accounts and CT600. I have been researching this and found that if no physical rent is paid when the property is available for personal use that a market value must be declared as rental income in Spain. Would I need to declare the same amount in the UK accounts? Any advice on this would be much appreciated as I can only find online what to do from the Spanish side, but not the UK side.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Shanie

Comments

• Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Shanie

I believe this is quite a complex tax situation. I'd like to suggest reposting on the accounting professionals Tax section instead. https://forums.aat.org.uk/Forum/categories/tax

I think I know what would need to happen, mostly, but I'm unsure about one part and am struggling to find confirmation because of this I wouldn't want to give an answer in this situiation.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • Shanie
    Shanie Registered Posts: 4
    Hello,

Thanks so much for your help, I have posted there.

Kind regards,

Shanie
Privacy Policy