Uploading files in the exam

I really need help.

I sat my exam 5 weeks ago and have just got my results back. I use SAGE 50 Accounts everyday in work and it is a big part of my job, so I know how to use it.

I got my results and it said 13%. I rang AAT and they said I dint upload the files right. I got told at the beginning of my exam to screenshot everything I do and upload it as I go along, so ended up uploaded 32 files. But AAT have said the maximum file upload is 8.

How am I supposed to upload files in the exam?
Non of my revision books tell me how to do it, and MyAAT doesn't help me with that either.

If someone knows can you please help me, because I need to get this exam done ASAP to move on in my apprenticeship.

Thanks

Comments

• DianaClm
    DianaClm Registered Posts: 1
    Hi. You have a check list in exam and you can see there exact which file you need to upload. For example: provide a report showing the suppliers contact details. So you do in sage run the report save it as pdf and upload that file as evidence.
    For some question you need to do print screen when you actually put the info in sage... Like when you have a task to do a recurring items.
    And I think you have to upload only 1 file per question/task/report.

Hope that helps. I am not native English so you understand what I was trying to say. If need more help, please let me know and I will try to explain better.
  • Isobelw02
    Isobelw02 Registered Posts: 4
    edited November 2020
  • Isobelw02
    Isobelw02 Registered Posts: 4
    DianaClm said:

Hi. You have a check list in exam and you can see there exact which file you need to upload. For example: provide a report showing the suppliers contact details. So you do in sage run the report save it as pdf and upload that file as evidence.

For some question you need to do print screen when you actually put the info in sage... Like when you have a task to do a recurring items.

And I think you have to upload only 1 file per question/task/report.

Hope that helps. I am not native English so you understand what I was trying to say. If need more help, please let me know and I will try to explain better.

Thanks for that.

I saw that at the end of the exam and did that. I uploaded the reports as well as the screenshots. The woman moderating the exam told me to screenshot and upload everything, so I did what she had said to.

I understand that now, it was just confusing because I had never been told what to do.

thanks anyway
  • djydja01
    djydja01 Registered Posts: 7
    Are you uploading multiple files? Sometimes there are problems with several files at once, try uploading one.
  • annefoth
    annefoth Registered Posts: 39
    i am due to sit this exam this friday and feel clueless about uploading the files to aat
    i thought there were only a couple of times that you need to screenshot other than that its uploading files individually as per the ticklist on the assessment page
    have you done your resit yet
  • livintiv
    livintiv Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    annefoth said:

i am due to sit this exam this friday and feel clueless about uploading the files to aat
    i thought there were only a couple of times that you need to screenshot other than that its uploading files individually as per the ticklist on the assessment page
    have you done your resit yet

I did the software exam last Summer and this is what I was taught (I used Xero rather than Sage but that's irrelevant when it comes to the files to be uploaded) - you only need to take two screenshots, one of the repeating transactions set up, and one of the bank reconciliation :)

Good luck this Friday!
    MAAT - April 2022
    Currently working through ACCA
  • annefoth
    Thank you
    Yes it’s more uploading the reports that’s required
    Did you have paper copies of the questions or if not how did you display sage and the questions on your screen
    I don’t feel ready for the exam as don’t know how the screen is displayed with aat the downloaded questions and sage
    And then all the saving downloading and uploading
    The plan is to have a mock on the Friday morning learning how to navigate then take the exam in the afternoon
    Only had zoom lessons up-to now
  • livintiv
    edited March 2021
    A few months before the exam (I was studying Lvl 2 at College, we went online after the 1st lockdown started) we had the notification that we would not have paper copies of the questions.

There are some tips for viewing various windows on one screen - here's two.

1) Use [Win] + [right arrow] (or left if you like). The window you're currently looking at will shift to take up the right (or left) half of your screen. On the other half you'll see thumbnails of any other windows you have open - click on one of these and you'll have two windows viewable at the same time.

2) (I use this one all the time) Keep the [Alt] key pressed, and then press [tab] a few times. You'll be able to toggle through the various windows you have open and quickly swap between the two you're working with.

Try these and see if they help. It's rotten that you'll only get one mock, and so close to the exam too! Are there any practise assessments on AAT you can do?

EDIT: Wrong key in 2), it should have been [Alt], not [Win]
    MAAT - April 2022
  • annefoth
    Thank you so much
    You have been so helpful
    We had a zoom lesson on the 26th feb where the lecturer sent the resources 20 minutes before the lesson
    Then whilst on zoom we were expected to input onto zoom from these resources
    I ended up leaving the lesson out of frustration as every time I clicked on sage the resources disappeared
    I have since learnt about splitting the screen but I don’t think this is how it’s supposed to be done
    There is one aat practice assessment but I’ve tried that but can’t use it fully as in can’t upload the files
    We have now done two companies Abel manufacturing and sports mad
    I am ok with inputting on sage but really not confident about all the saving downloading and uploading
    I can see from the aat practice assessment t that you upload on there but never actually seen it in practice
    Think that’s the plan on the Friday morning of the exam in the afternoon
  • livintiv
    Ah, I get you. My College (my lecturer, really) was big on us seeing the upload screens so that we would know what to expect - but I don't know how they arranged that with AAT (magic powers, clearly).

'Splitting the screen' is the first example I gave above - the pro is that you can see everything at the same time, the con is that all the text will be smaller.

That's partly why I prefer the second method - you can get really quick at it, and be able to flip between windows almost without thinking about it, and keep everything at the size that's comfortable for you.
    MAAT - April 2022
  • annefoth
    Thanks
    I wondered if that was the split screen you were describing
    I don’t get this flipping screens though
    Does that mean they arent displayed on the screen at the same time
    So you either have to write stuff down or have a photographic memory
  • livintiv
    Correct - with the second method you only see one screen at a time. But this is why you can practise (it works with any windows you have open, even minimised ones) and get pretty fast at it.

So I'd recommend trying both tricks and seeing which one you prefer!
    MAAT - April 2022
  • Alessio_Bardino
    Alessio_Bardino Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Thank you guys for posting and discussing this.
    I will take my exam on Thursday with SAGE ONE, and it was helpful to practise using your advices. Especially with the sample assessment available in MyAAT.
    as part of the test i am not able to upload any files, but i can see which files are required and at least I am prepared mentally for the real CBA.
Privacy Policy